Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things happening around town today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Help change the Flames’ luck by catching a playoff game at the dome tonight. Be part of the CofRed, drink those dome beers and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Where: The Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE
- When: Wednesday, April 19 at 8 pm vs. Anaheim
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
Big Rock Brewery & Metalheads United are hosting this years 420 Music and Arts Fest and Expo. Enjoy three days of rad music, eclectic art, food trucks, and many other vendors & enthusiasts.
- Where: Distortion Live Music Venue – 3828 Macleod Trail S
- When: Wednesday, April 19 to Saturday, April 22
- Cost: Single day passes $20-$30
Support your local independent filmmakers as they defy convention in all genres, at the 14th annual Calgary Underground Film Festival. All screenings after 3PM are licensed (18+), which means you can drink beer during the film but no minors are allowed in.
- Where: Globe Cinema – 617 8 Avenue SW
- When: April 17 – 23
- Cost: $120 pass, $10 single ticket
This classic date night standby just got a whole lot more fun, with Heritage Park’s Dinner and a Movie series. Munch on a tasty 3-course meal at the Selkirk Grille Restaurant before heading over to Gasoline Alley for a timeless classic film. There you will find a cash bar and old-fashioned popcorn to snack on during the movie!
- Where: Heritage Park, Celebration Tent – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- April 4 – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- April 19 – Canadian Fan Favourite
- Cost: $42.95/ per person or $8 for film only
April 19th is National Canadian Film day, and to celebrate the Glenbow is inviting you to join them in a free screening of the Angry Inuk. Directed by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril, this film features the journey of a tech-savy generation armed with social media, as they campaign and challenge the long-established perceptions of seal hunting.
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Ave SW
- When: April 19
- Cost: FREE