Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town, from the Flames at the dome to outdoor activities, there’s lots to do today.
Calgary’s favourite, cozy and delicious foodie festival is back for the 6th year in a row! During the entire month of February, be sure to warm up by checking out your favourite cafes, sweet shops and restaurants for their unique spin on everyone’s beloved winter drink. The best part is that a portion of every drink will go towards supporting Calgary Meals on Wheels, an even better reason to indulge in some warm chocolate goodness!
- Where: At participating locations
- When: The entire month of February
- Cost: Price of the Hot Chocolate + $1 will be donated to Meals on Wheels
Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and it opens for the season on Saturday, December 17. The park is located on the main hill, which allows tubers to take advantage of the washrooms, eateries, retail store and other amenities located in the Frank King Day Lodge. It features 10 lanes, each of which are 200 metres in length.
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
Calgary Midwinter Bluesfest returns with a full week of Blues workshops, concerts & dance parties! Warm the winter months with some smokin’ hot Blues, featuring some of the finest music to be heard on the planet. Headlining this year’s Midwinter Bluesfest are Blues Hall of Famer and Chicago icon Eddie Shaw.
- Where: onlineVarious venues around town. Check .
- When: February 27 to March 4
- Cost: Free – $25 and up
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
Help keep the Flames red hot on Tuesday night. Grab your jersey, a dome beer and some nachos and help cheer them on in their next few games.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Tuesday, February 28 at 7pm vs. Los Angeles