We know it’s cold and hard to leave your blanket cocoon but if you’re looking for something fun to do in Calgary there are plenty of indoor events to check out today.
With the help of a fairytale time machine, this light-hearted musical brings the old Cinderella story to modern time, with a whole lot of jokes about Calgary life.
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now until December 31
- 67 things to do in Calgary this December
- Turkey Dinner in a pie, plus 12 Pies of Christmas at Calgary's Pie Cloud
This popular Australian indie rock band is joining us to experience a true Canadian winter – are they in for a treat!
- Where: The Gateway (SAIT) – 1301 16th Avenue NW
- When: Tuesday, December 6
- Cost: $20
Seriously, who doesn’t have a soft spot for George Bailey and his hilarious and meaningful holiday adventure? Experience this heartfelt holiday classic as it comes to life in a live 1940’s radio style broadcast on the Lunchbox Theatre stage. Remember, “when you hear a bell that means an angel just got his wings!”
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: Now until December 21
- Cost: Adult $25, Senior $20, Student $20
Children of all ages will fall in love with this magical rendition of the original Disney Classic, Beauty and the Beast. Warm your heart with the beloved soundtrack of this holiday musical including everyone’s favourite, Be our Guest!
- Where: StoryBook Theatre – 375 Bermuda Drive NW
- When: Now until December 23
- Cost: Child (3-17) $20, Adult (18+) $25
Head to Moxies Bar & Grill tonight for their annual Holiday Speed Dating Event. Calgary singles, ages 31-44, are invited to dash on over and enjoy a festive evening of romance and new connections. Tickets are available for $35-$39 and include speed dating, one cocktail and a professionally hosted event.
- Where: Moxie‘s Bar & Grill – 888 7th Ave SW
- When: Tuesday, December 6 at 7:30pm
- Cost: $35-$39