Enjoy the warmer weather today! Get some shopping done and then reward yourself with a fun activity. ‘Tis the season!
- 7 places to snowshoe in and around Calgary this winter
- Everything you need to know to plan a winter trip to Banff
This Calgarian holiday tradition continues to live on year after year! Stay warm by dressing in layers and consuming delicious hot chocolate, as you roam through the 200 beautiful light displays, such as the all time favourite, ‘lovers lane’, and other unique light shows set up throughout the Calgary Zoo.
- Where: The Calgary Zoo – 210 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until January 8 nightly from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: $14.99 Adults, $11.99 Kids
Now that winter seems to have finally settled in for the long haul, it’s time for the winter activities to commence. Grab a few friends, some hot chocolate and bundle up in your warmest, yet stylish winter attire and go skating on one of Calgary’s many outdoor rinks that are well maintained by either the city or volunteers within the community. Don’t own a pair of skates? Rent a pair at your nearest outdoor center or at specific rinks around the city – see website more for details!
- Where: Various rinks throughout Calgary
- Cost: FREE
Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and it opens for the season on Saturday, December 17. The park is located on the main hill, which allows tubers to take advantage of the washrooms, eateries, retail store and other amenities located in the Frank King Day Lodge. It features 10 lanes, each of which are 200 metres in length.
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- When: December 19 to December 30 open 9am to 5pm (closed Christmas Day)
Get to the Calgary Farmers Market and do your holiday shopping before it closes between December 24 and January 4. The market will re-open and resume regular hours on January, 5th 2017.
- When: December 15 to 23
- Where: Calgary Farmers Market – 510 77th Avenue SE
Hop aboard the magical Polar Express and head to the North Pole to see Santa! You will receive hot chocolate and cookies on your journey along with carolling and holiday entertainment. Following the protocol in the movie guests are encouraged to wear their PJ’s and each child will receive a sleigh bell from Santa – to those who believe!
- Where: Aspen Crossing – Highway #24 Mossleigh
- When: November 25 until Christmas Eve
- Cost: Economy Seating $57, First Class Seating $65, Coach Class Seating $75, Dome Class Seating $75