Plenty of events worth checking out today to keep you busy and entertained until the weekend.
- What: Calling all ABBA fans, this has your name written all over it. The songs are all culled from the Swedish super-group’s songbook, and this is one Broadway show where singing along (and dancing in the aisles) is encouraged
- Where: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14th Avenue NW
- When: November 1 to 6
- What: A new Canadian musical brings to life the company town of Fortune Falls. The sweet smell of chocolate fills the hearts of all who work at the Mercey Chocolate Factory, but when the factory suddenly closes the company’s last employee, a young security guard, is left to uncover the secrets that it shut down.
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8th Avenue SE
- When: October 18 to November 5
- Cost: $25.00 – $72.00
- What: Join Lunchbox Theatre as they combine music and history and take you on an adventure back to WW2, examining the lives of soldiers and how our daily lives are changed by war throughout time up to 2016. This engaging and authentic performance that will pull at the heart strings and make you proud to be a Canadian!
- Where: 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: October 24 to November 12
- Cost: Adult $25.00, Senior $20.00, Student $20.00
- What: The annual Field of Crosses is back! Take time out of your day to walk through the 3,000 crosses that were set-up by volunteers, to pay tribute for those fallen for our country. If you are looking to become more involved in the Remembrance Day festivities, help out with the Calgary Poppy Fun annual fundraising campaign or the Canadian Legacy Project’s Veterans Food Drive, both which coincide with the field of crosses.
- Where: Memorial Drive
- When: November 1 to 11
- Cost: Free
- What: Sunshine Village Ski and Snowboard Resort will be the first resort in Canada to open its doors to ski and snowboard enthusiasts on Thursday, November 3, 2016. This is Sunshine’s earliest opening in over 30 years. Getting snow early this year means that our mountainous backyard is waiting for us with a fluffy layer of snow, perfect for winter sports and activities.
- Where: Sunshine Village – 1 Sunshine access Road, Banff, AB
- When: Opens Thursday, November 3