5 things to do in Calgary today: Thursday, November 10
Nov 10 2016, 3:51 pm
Plenty of events worth checking out today to keep you busy and entertained until the weekend.
Mindfulness in Kokedama Making Studio Session
- What: Check out this beginner class and introduction to kokedama plant making. At the end of this studio session, you will have made a kokedama with your very own hands. In addition to your kokedama, take home a kokedama care kit which includes our kokedama fertilizer, a pair of mini pruning sheers and a ceramic dish to display your kokedama on.
- Where: Fresh Laundry – 1216 9 Avenue SE
- When: Thursday November 10 from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Cost: $70
Marda Food + Fashion
- What: Marda Loop is an area of Calgary that continues to grow and get better each and every year. Join them for a night of drinks, food, beauty and shopping happening at the various businesses throughout the community.
- Where: Marda Loop (Various Locations)
- When: Thursday, November 10
- Cost: Free
Lest We Forget presented by Lunchbox Theatre
- What: Join Lunchbox Theatre as they combine music and history and take you on an adventure back to WW2, examining the lives of soldiers and how our daily lives are changed by war throughout time up to 2016. This engaging and authentic performance that will pull at the heart strings and make you proud to be a Canadian!
- Where: 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: October 24 to November 12
- Cost: Adult $25.00, Senior $20.00, Student $20.00
Field of Crosses
- What: The annual Field of Crosses is back! Take time out of your day to walk through the 3,000 crosses that were set-up by volunteers, to pay tribute for those fallen for our country. If you are looking to become more involved in the Remembrance Day festivities, help out with the Calgary Poppy Fun annual fundraising campaign or the Canadian Legacy Project’s Veterans Food Drive, both which coincide with the field of crosses.
- Where: Memorial Drive
- When: November 1 to 11
- Cost: Free
The Calgary Taboo Naughty but Nice Sex Show
- What: The often controversial but always popular Taboo Naughty but Nice Sex Show returns to Calgary with more sex‑sational features than ever before. As a result of an Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission policy change in November 2015, topless performances will debut at the Calgary show for the first time ever. Expect lively, high-caliber entertainment on the Taboo Stage.
- Where: Big Four Building at Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: Thursday, November 10 to Sunday, November 13
- Cost: $20 at the door