There’s lots happening in the city today from tragic plays to famous comedians on stage, this Thursday is bound to be fun.
Join the former Tonight Show host, Jay Leno in a show that takes him back to the very beginning of his comedy career. Little do most people know, before his days with NBC, Leno was one of the trailblazing comedy voices of standup comedy during the 70’s and 80’s. Prepare for a night of stomach aching laughs, as Jay Leno reminds us why he started!
- Where: Grey Eagle Event Centre – 3777 Grey Eagle Drive SW
- When: Thursday, May 25
- Cost: $72-$104
Prophecies, ambition, murder, madness. The Shakespeare Company brings Macbeth to Calgary.
- Where: Studio at Vertigo Theatre – 115 9th Avenue SE
- When: Now until May 27 – evenings at 7 pm, 2:30 pm matinees on May 20, 21, 27
Educate and inspire your children at this 3-day festival that encourages creative expression and stresses the importance of arts exposure for young minds. Through multiple shows and activities happening throughout the festival, Kidfest aims at “developing creative thinkers conscious of the world and their place in it.” See the full lineup of artists here!
- Where: Various locations between Olympic Plaza and the Arts Commons
- When: May 24-27
- Cost: $17
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75
In honour of Canada’s 150th Birthday, the Calgary Marathon is hosting a fun birthday bash! In true Canadian style, fuel up with maple syrup waffles. Then be sure to grab a race-day shirt, as they have partnered up with David Crighton, a Canadia artist, to bring to you commemorative birthday t-shirts and Toonie finisher medals. Come celebrate our nation’s birthday and enjoy a day of festivities, while raising money for a good cause and making new records in your personal running score.
- Where: All race day activities will start and finish in Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: May 25 – 28
- Cost: $90-$120