FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
There’s lots happening in the city today from tragic plays to food, booze and a good time. This Thirsty Thursday is bound to be fun.
Prophecies, ambition, murder, madness. The Shakespeare Company brings Macbeth to Calgary.
- Where: Studio at Vertigo Theatre – 115 9th Avenue SE
- When: Now until May 27 – evenings at 7 pm, 2:30 pm matinees on May 20, 21, 27
In support of The Alex Community Food Centre, Cibo and Willow Park Wines and Spirits are hosting the Good Food and Wine Festival that will feature delicious food from some of Calgary’s top chefs and top-shelf wine pairings
- Where: Cibo – 1012 17 Avenue SW
- When: May 18
- Cost: $80
This March, Calgary Food Tours is bringing back everyone’s favourite, Craving Kensington. On this 3-hour walking-tour, you will eat your way through this inner city village at some of the foodie hotspots, while also learning about the charming history and architecture of the area! Bon appétit!
- Where: Meet at Pulcinella Ristorante – 1147 Kensington Crescent NW
- When: Thursday’s in March to November 2017
- Cost: $115
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75
Drink some fantastic whiskies at One18Empire while supporting local charity Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids. 10% of proceeds from whiskey purchases all night will go to Brown Bagging. As a bonus you’ll get to try a few different whiskies out, with a complimentary whiskey tasting.
- Where: ONE18 EMPIRE – 820 Centre Street S
- When: Thursday, May 18 from 7pm to 12am