There’s lots happening in the city today from laughing till it hurts to eating your way around Kensington, this Thursday is bound to be fun.
In case you haven’t noticed, Calgary’s craft beer game is strong lately, so it only makes sense that the city would finally get its own official Craft Beer Week. Organized by local craft brewer supporters Beer Guys YYC, the first annual YYC Beer Week will run from Monday, June 5 to Friday, June 9.
- Where: Multiple locations in Calgary
- When: Monday, June 5 to Friday, June 9
- Tickets: Prices and registrations vary, check them out online
Tantalize your taste buds at the 1st annual Kensington Foodie Festival. There will be a variety of food-related events happening at different bars and restaurants throughout the neighborhood, between June 7 – 11. Be sure to check it out!
- Where: Kensington Road and 10 Street
- When: June 7 – 11
- Cost: Varies depending on event
It’s Thursday, which means most people who are social savvy are trained to look back at past events in their lives and more often than not post about it. #YOLO Come see what Telus Spark’s idea of #ThrowbackThursday may be!
- Where: Telus Spark Science Centre – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: June 8
- Cost: Regular admission to Telus Spark
Get ready to laugh until you cry at the 17th annual FunnyFest! This is an event that is put on but hundreds of volunteers to bring laughter to the city of Calgary in a variety of ways. This is a great way to switch up date night or have a FUNny night out with friends!
- Where: Various Venues
- When: June 1 -11
- Cost: $15-$80
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75