There’s lots happening in the city today from a pop up retail market in East Village to the Calgary Stampede kicking off for sneak-a-peak.
Get out and enjoy Thursday, it’s bound to be fun.
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: July 6 to July 9
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
This summer the Calgary Stampede is set to introduce Nashville Nights, “where the dust never settles at The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth.” Entry into Nashville North is free with admission to the Calgary Stampede, July 7 – 16.
- Where: Calgary Stampede – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: Thursday, July 6 – Chad Brownlee
Stampede and Beakerhead put together makes for one unreal night at the Stampede grounds! Ride the midway until 1 am, participate in the Silent Disco at the Coca-Cola Stage and party at the Stampede like you have never partied before.
- Where: Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: July 6
- Cost: $35.25 (includes admission and unlimited rides)
The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary