There’s lots happening in the city today from a pop up retail market in East Village to a Turkish Festival taking over Eau Claire.
Get out and enjoy Thursday, it’s bound to be fun.
If you’re looking for Stampede events, click here, but this is your non-stampede guide to Calgary events today.
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: July 13 to July 16
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
Come kick it at the King Eddy just like they used to in the good ole’ days! The space will be converted into a country saloon with a revolving roster of western acts playing throughout the week of Stampede. This event is for those 18 years of age and up.
- Where: King Edward Hotel – 438 9 Avenue SE
- When: July 7- 16
- Cost: $20
Let yourself be transported Turkey as you experience some of the best of what this rich culture has to offer!
- Where: Eau Claire Festival Plaza – 200 Barclay Parade
- When: July 13-16
- Cost: Free