To help you get out of your holiday slump we’ve made a list of fun things to do around town today. Head to the science centre for adults only night or take watch a show from Calgary’s famous High Performance Rodeo.
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2
If you’re new to the world of snowshoeing or cross-country skiing or don’t feel comfortable venturing out on your own, book yourself on a tour or find a group of friends and reserve a private outing. A certified guide will lead you through the mountainous winter wonderland and provide you with hot chocolate and cookies, along with snowshoes and skis if you don’t have your own.
- Where: Kananaskis Village Center – 1 Mt. Sparrowhawk Cresent
- Group: $69.00/person; $39.00/6-14 years old; Free for 5 and under.
- Private: $89.99/adult; $64.99/youth 6-14 years; Free for 5 and under. Minimum booking of 2 adults or $180/tour. 20% off for private tours of 4-6 people.
At Telus Spark’s January version of Adult’s Only Night, explore what it means to be “off the grid” from modern technology and conveniences in different ways.
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Thursday, January 12
- Cost: Included in the price of admission to Telus Spark
See the critically acclaimed professional actor and musician, Chase Padgett perform his award winning solo show, ‘6 Guitars.’ He initially performed this show in 2010 and it quickly became the most successful show in the history of the North American Fringe Festival circuit. During this 85-minute show Padgett will become 6 different guitar players, ranging from a 19-year-old rock prodigy to an 87 year old blues man, all with their own unique voices, views and musical styles. You will leave feeling so in love with music!
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: January 9 to 28
- Cost: Adult – $25, Student + Senior – $20
Get ready to hear hit songs from the soundtracks that played over the most culturally defining events of the last 60 years, from classic to contemporary cinema. Complete with recreated iconic moments and instantly recognizable costumes, Stage West is featuring unforgettable music from the James Bond Films, Saturday Night Fever, 8 Mile, The Breakfast Club, A Hard Day’s Night, Despicable Me 2, The Graduate, Top Gun, Easy Rider, Ghostbusters, Dirty Dancing, Frozen, The Bodyguard, Titanic & so many more!
- Where: Stage West – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: Now until February 7, 2017