Winter is here, but you can’t stay at home all season long.
Here are a few things to get you smiling again.
Multiple exhibits and installations can be found throughout Calgary during the 3rd event of this kind. According to the host of the event, Emmedia, the star of the show will be an art form that is ever changing and growing while also integrated with technological processes.
- Dates: February 2 to 4
- Where: Various locations around Calgary including EMMEDIA – 351 11 Avenue SW (2nd Floor), University of Calgary – 856 Campus Place NW (5th floor), TRUCK Contemporary Art in Calgary – 2009 10th Avenue SW and more.
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2
If you saw the Netflix Original, “The Crown” you’ll be familiar with the Queen’s famous weekly meeting with the Prime Minster, called an audience. This spectacular performance will replay some of the most famous audience’s throughout Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many familiar political faces making an appearance, such as Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and more. Take a peak at the woman behind the crown, the most famous and influential yet private woman in the world.
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 1201 5 St SW
- When: January 24 to February 18
- Cost: $45-$64
As part of Calgary’s Corporate Challenge off-season events, anyone with a team of 4 can participate in this fun winter activity. Often compared to life size curling, each teammate will have 3 rounds to be launched along the ice and make it closest to the button. If you win you’ll be invited to participate in the finals on February 10.
- Where: 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: January 30 to February 10
- Cost: $150 per team of 4
Winter is more than just cold and snowy, as it is a season that brings majestic frosty views, fun activities a beautiful memories at all ages. Banff National Park invites us all to celebrate the magic of winter in its month long festival of Snowdays, featuring a variety of events, shows and activities that combine history, culture and winter traditions that the whole family will enjoy. Check the website for daily events and activities!
- Where: Throughout Banff National Park
- When: January 13 to February 5
- Cost: Varies per event