There’s lots happening in the city today from a pop up retail market in East Village to the Calgary International Blues Festival in town.
Get out and enjoy Thursday, it’s bound to be fun.
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: August 3 to 6
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
The 13th annual Calgary International Blues Festival returns to Calgary this week. Enjoy blues workshops, concerts and special events culminate in 4 days & nights (August 3-6) of non-stop music on MainStage at Shaw Millennium Park, followed by the nightly Twilight Blues Dance Parties. Click here for full festival schedule.
- Where: Shaw Millennium Park – 1220 9 Avenue SW
- When: July 31 to August 6
- Cost: $129 for festival passes, individual day passes also available.
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE