5 things to do in Calgary today: Thursday, August 10
There’s lots happening in the city today from a pop up retail market in East Village to the Calgary International Blues Festival in town.
Get out and enjoy Thursday, it’s bound to be fun.
Container Pop-Up Retail Park in East Village
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: August 10 to 13
- Cost: FREE
As you like it – Shakespeare by the Bow
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
The Phantom of the Opera – Broadway Across Canada
It’s your opportunity to see your favourite Broadway Musical, Phantom of the Opera right here in YYC!
- Where: Southern Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14 Street NW
- When: August 9-20
- Cost: $35-$140
Check out the #IAMDOWNTOWN Summer Stage
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE
Taste of Calgary
Taste is back in Calgary this week. Calgary’s beloved outdoor food fiesta returns to the city on Thursday, August 10 to Sunday, August 13, bringing with it a smorgasbord of globally-inspired cuisine and beverages.
- Where: Eau Claire Festival Plaza – 200 Barclay Parade SW
- When: Thursday, August 10 to Sunday, August 13 from 11 am to 9 pm
- Cost: Free admission / Taste tickets $1