Monday can be a funday as well. From happy hour entertainment to Halloween events, we’ve got you covered.
Check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today.
ScreamFest is Canada’s biggest Halloween festival, and runs this year from October 14 through October 31 at The Grandstand Building at Stampede Park. Rated PG13, ScreamFest features a huge array of haunted houses, Halloween-themed carnival games, and plenty of creepy and disturbing entertainment.
- Where: The Grandstand Building at Stampede Park – 3rd Street SE
- When: Now to October 31
- 9 haunted houses in Calgary that will scare the crap out of you
- The 13 most haunted places in Calgary
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, October 31 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover
Enjoy live music jam night at Cafe Koi with a special Halloween twist. Dress up in your costume, bring your instrument, bring your voice, bring your ears and have fun. There will be a sign up sheet for those who want to get up on the mic and each act will be limited to one song at a time to keep things flowing.
- Where: Cafe Koi – 1011 1st Street SW
- When: Monday, October 31 at 8 pm
Hy’s Steakhouse is celebrating weekly Happy Hour with live music in the lounge from local artists every Monday to Friday. Local Calgarian artists are sure to help you unwind from a busy work day along with a glass of red from Hy’s. Today’s feature artist is Lexi Strate.
- Where: Hy’s Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar – 407 8th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, October 24 from 3 to 7 pm.
For over 25 years Haunted Calgary has been the largest yard hunt, and longest running. Step into St. Abbadon’s Reformatory School as their 2016 walk-through haunted yard attraction. If you’re a bit too scared, there is also a low scare option with no actors on October 28, 29 and 31 from 2pm-4pm.
- Where: 222 Rocky Ridge Bay NW
- When: October 28, 29, 31
- Cost: By donation – recommend $10 per person