Monday’s don’t have to sad, especially when you can cheer on your favourite athletes at the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.
So turn that frown upside down and enjoy some Calgary events.
Canada’s Olympic Network, CBC/Radio-Canada is providing free viewing spaces where Canadians can gather together to watch Team Canada compete against the best in the world.
- Where: Stephen Avenue Walk – 8th Avenue between Centre Street and 1st Street SE
- When: Monday, August 15 9 am – 6 pm
Catch up on your summer reading by checking out some popular titles when the Calgary Public library visits the Stephen Avenue Summer Stage. Browse materials, sit and read or even check out a book. (Weather permitting)
- Where: Stephen Avenue Summer Stage – Centre Street & 8th Avenue SE
- When: Monday, August 15 from 11 am to 1 pm
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, August 15 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover
Dickens Pub and Calgary Horror Con are screening a double feature movie night. First movie will be the 1988 classic ‘Night of the Demons’ followed by ‘Dead & Buried’ There will be giveaways, concession items (foil wrapped hot dogs, popcorn, nachos with cheese sauce) beer for your viewing pleasure.
- Where: Dickens Pub – 1000 9th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, August 15 from 7 to 10 pm
- Cost: No cover
Globetrotter and Spanish sensation Alex Zayas started playing the guitar and singing when he was 7 years old. After playing with several local outfits in Barcelona, 18 year old Zayas was recruited by harp bluesman Hook Herrera with whom he played in top clubs and festivals in Europe. He’s since toured in Canada, the Us and all over Europe.
- Where: The Blues Can – 1429 9th Avenue SE
- When: Monday, August 15 at 8 pm
- Cost: No cover