The end of the work week is here and there is finally some sunshine to enjoy! Here are some awesome events to help kick start your weekend fun.
- What: Wordfest is a 10-day festival which sparks lively, illuminating and meaningful conversations between Calgary’s readers and the world’s most engaging writers. Wordfest’s trademark events include readings, workshops, panel discussions and in-school presentations from authors writing in every genre and for all ages.
- Where: Locations all around Calgary
- When: October 7 to 16
- Cost: Varies – see website for tickets to events
- What: Hockey at the dome is finally back this week! Regular season play hits home ice on Friday against McDavid and the Oilers.
- Where: The Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE
- When: Friday, October 14 at 7 pm vs Edmonton Oilers
- What: The Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is back for two days of indulgence on October 14 and 15. The Festival offers the opportunity to sample an extensive variety of world-class wine, scotch, premium spirits, import and micro-brewed beer along with gourmet culinary creations from local restaurants, hotels and food purveyors.
- Where: Stampede Park BMO Centre, Halls D & E
- When: Friday, October 14 from 5 to 10 pm; Saturday, October 15 from 12 to 4 pm and 6 to 10 pm
- Cost: $23 to $37 plus GST, 18+
- What: The tattoo world turn its spotlight onto Calgary as the first annual International Tattoo Competition debuts at the Calgary Tattoo & Arts Festival. Artists from all over the world will be battling it out in teams for cash, prizes and tattooing supremacy during this three-day event.
- Where: BMO Centre – 20 Roundup Way SW
- When: Friday, October 14 to Sunday, October 16
- Cost: $25 general admission, $50 weekend pass
- What: Find your way out of corn mazes in the dark! All weekends in October, head to Cobb’s Corn Maze for Freaky Flashlight Nights every Friday and Saturday. You can also take a ride on their creepy tractor (tell us how it goes) or brave their haunted houses.
- Where: Cobb’s Corn Maze -1500 84th Street NE
- When: Fridays and Saturdays October 1 to 29
- Cost: Children under 3 are free, Children $12.50, Adults $13.50