Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
- What: The Calgary Home + Garden Show is here this weekend featuring more than 650 vendors in its exhibition area, a number of local speakers, and four celebrity guests.
- When: March 2 and 3 from 12 to 9 pm, March 4, from 10 am to 9 pm and Sunday, March 5 from 10 am to 6 pm
- Where: BMO Centre, Stampede Park – 20 Roundup Way SE
- Cost:: $16. Save $3 when you buy tickets online
Calgary Midwinter Bluesfest returns with a full week of Blues workshops, concerts & dance parties! Warm the winter months with some smokin’ hot Blues, featuring some of the finest music to be heard on the planet. Headlining this year’s Midwinter Bluesfest are Blues Hall of Famer and Chicago icon Eddie Shaw.
- Where: onlineVarious venues around town. Check .
- When: February 27 to March 4
- Cost: Free – $25 and up
Calling all Treckkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
Foodie’s rejoice! YYC’s favourite foodie festival is back for another year! Between March 3 and 12 some of Calgary’s best restaurants will be offering up three and five-course fix price menus for every meal of the day. Restaurants are sorted by price point, so you can be sure to expect more than a few options no matter what your budget may be. At the same time, there will also be various one-time only, signature events happening around the city, such as Canada’s tribute Dinner at The Guild, The Winemaker’s Dinner at the Deane House, the Reunion Dinner at Catch and more!
- Where: Various locations around Calgary. See participating restaurants here.
- When: March 3 to 12
- Cost: Varies depending on the location and menu. See website for more details!
Join Viticulturist, Eric von Krosigk an award winning winemaker from Summerhill Estate Winery for an evening of wine and delicious food pairing from the Selkirk Grille at Heritage Park. Eric’s love for Wine first began when he apprenticed as a vintner in Germany and now for over 20 years, he has devoted himself to cultivating knowledge and perusing new challenges within the wine industry. His most recent accomplishment was transitioning the entire cellar at Summerhill to Certified Organic status. Needless to say, Eric knows his wines and will provide you with copious amounts of vino knowledge throughout the evening!
- Where: Selkirk Grille, Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- When: March 3
- Cost: $89.95/ person