Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
This year’s TEDxYYC theme is “intersect” and will feature big thinkers, action takers, courageous innovators and more! Come be inspired and see what some of Calgary’s movers and shakers are up too.
- Where: Jack Singer Concert Hall – 205 8 Avenue SE
- When: Friday, June 23
- Cost: $82.50 – $97.50
If you’re a motocross fan this is an event you won’t want to miss! Watch over 264 global motocross athletes compete in this event, while checking out the various vendors, beer gardens so much more.
- Where: Wild Rose MX Park
- When: June 23 -24
- Cost: Admission is FREE, but parking is $5 on Saturday and $10 on Sunday
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: June 22 to 25
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
Come see this very special performance by Cool Choir, Calgary largest adult rock and pop choir in honour of Canada’s 150th Birthday!
- Where: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14 Avenue NW
- When: June 23
- Cost: $25-$35
See also: 55 things to do in Calgary this June