After going medal-less on Monday for the first time in these Olympics, Canada got right back on track on Tuesday, winning a gold medal in high jump. Wednesday promises to be another jam-packed day filled with great things to watch from Rio.
Top events of the day:
- Men’s volleyball: Canada is in the quarter-finals
- Golf: Brooke Henderson begins playing
- Decathlon: Damian Warner begins the Olympics in decathlon
- 200 m semi-final
Here’s a list of events you don’t want to miss.
- 5:15 am PT (8:15 am ET): Women’s individual stroke play
The women’s golf tournament kicks off on Wednesday, and Smith Falls, Ontario’s Brooke Henderson is one of the favourites. The tournament begins at 3:30 am PT (6:30 am ET), but Henderson tees off at 5:15 am PT (8:15 am ET).
Alena Sharp is the other Canadian in the tournament. She tees off at 6:25 am PT (9:25 am ET).
2. Track and Field
- 5:30 am PT (8:30 am ET): Men’s decathlon – 100 m
- 6:35 am PT (9:35 am ET): Men’s decathlon – long jump
- 8:15 am PT (11:15 am ET): Men’s decathlon – shot put
- 1:45 pm PT (4:45 pm ET): Men’s decathlon – high jump
- 5:15 pm PT (8:15 pm ET): Women’s long jump final
- 5:20 pm PT (8:20 pm ET): Men’s decathlon – 400 m
- 6 pm PT (9 pm ET): Men’s 200 m semi-final
- 6:30 pm PT (9:30 pm ET): Women’s 200 m final
- 6:55 pm PT (9:55 pm ET): Women’s 100 m hurdles final
It’s a busy day in track and field, with some intriguing events taking place.
Canadian Damian Warner is a favourite to win a medal in decathlon. He’ll be competing against Ashton Eaton of the United States, the husband of Canadian bronze medal winner Brianne Theisen-Eaton.
Andre De Grasse will look to qualify for the 200 m final. He posted the fastest time in heats on Tuesday.
3. Men’s Volleyball
- 6 am PT (9 am ET): Canada vs Russia
Canada is the surprise team into the quarter-final, and they’ve got a chance to take it another step further.
4. Men’s Basketball
- 7 am PT (10 am ET): Australia vs Lithuania
- 10:30 am PT (1:30 pm ET): Spain vs France
- 2:45 pm PT (5:45 pm ET): USA vs Argentina
- 6:15 pm PT (9:15 pm ET): Croatia vs Serbia
We’re into quarter-final action in men’s basketball with a number of exciting matchups.
5. Men’s Soccer
- 9 am PT (12 pm ET): Brazil vs Honduras
- 12 pm PT (3 pm ET): Nigeria vs Germany
Semi-finals of men’s soccer is on and there’s immense pressure on the hosts from Brazil.
- 12:30 pm PT (3:30 pm ET): Men’s welterweight gold medal final
Shakhram Giyasov of Uzbekistan takes on Daniyar Yeleussinov of Kazakhstan for the gold medal.
7. Beach Volleyball
- 6 pm PT (9 pm ET): Women’s bronze medal match
- 8 pm PT (11 pm ET): Women’s gold medal match
Medals are on the line at Copacabana.