If you’ve been missing some autographed collectors goods, you may just be in luck.
The Calgary Police Service carried out an operation late last month that led to the arrest of one John Fraser, a 43-year-old Calgarians who had been allegedly exchanging drugs for stolen property.
When police arrested the man on February 28, a search warrant uncovered an autographed and framed Gordie Howe jersey, an autographed Tragically Hip picture, an autographed Sass Jordan electric guitar, and hockey cards among other stolen goods and drug paraphernalia.
Police are now asking that anyone who may have had these items stolen, or may know someone who has, to call in to their non-emergency line of 403-266-1234 with the reference number #18090209.
Fraser has been charged with a total of 37 offences, including possession for the purpose of trafficking, possession of stolen property under $5,000, possession of counterfeit money, and unsafe storage of a firearm.
According to the release, additional charges are anticipated.
A full list of the items found during the search is available below:
- An autographed and framed Gordie Howe jersey
- An autographed Tragically Hip picture
- An autographed Sass Jordan electric guitar
- Vintage comic books
- Hockey and trading cards
- Antique watches
- Drugs including cocaine, methamphetamine, fentanyl, and cannabis, with a street value of approximately $22,984
- Drug paraphernalia including scales and baggies
- Counterfeit US currency
- Various stolen property including two mountain bikes
- Weapons which included knives, swords, and five firearms including three handguns, a rifle, and a shotgun, two of which were stolen