The CORE Shopping Centre is looking to launch the modelling careers of a few young Albertans this Saturday at their CORE’s Future Faces Model Search event.
Taking place from noon to 2 pm, the model search will be held on the second level glass bridge near The Body Shop, and (almost) anyone can sign up to try their
hand feet at walking the runway.
- The Rural Alberta Advantage will kick off Stampede this year
- WestJet announces new Dreamliner flights from Calgary to Maui
- Average, median monthly rents in Canada fell for the 2nd straight month: report
Both young men and women are encouraged to attend, though the CORE Shopping Centre did list a few specifications for successful applicants… namely height and age restrictions.
Female participants are listed on the centre’s website as 5’7 to 5’11 tall and between the ages of 14 to 21 years old, while males are listed as 6’1 to 6’3 tall and between the ages of 16 to 24 years old.
All participants also need to be residents of Alberta.
The model search is being done through a partnership with The Nobles Model Management and Patti Falconer Agency, and a release from The CORE states that North American scouts from MP Management, Anita Norris Models, and CSI Models will be in attendance.
Here’s what aspiring models should wear and bring on Saturday, according to the website:
- Sleeveless top or t-shirt in a solid colour like black, grey or white
- Skinny jeans are the best option
- Pack your pumps (you will be walking the CORE ‘catwalk’ – make sure you wear heels that you are confident in)
- Fresh Face – meaning minimal or no makeup at all
- Hair is best pulled back in a slick ponytail or down
- No accessories
- Nails manicured and painted in a nude colour
- T-shirt in a solid colour like black, grey, or white – crew or v-neck
- Fitted jeans in a dark tone or black denim
- Everyday sneakers or semiformal shoe
Participants and attendees alike will also be able to enjoy a few beauty vendor popups that will be around the area during the event, including mini facials, hand massages, makeup touch-ups, and more.
Successful models will have a chance to walk in the CORE Stampede Fashion Show, sign a modelling contract, and win a $500 CORE gift card.
Registration is not required, — simply show up on the day of!
When: Saturday, May 25, 2019
Time: Noon to 2 pm
Where: Second level glass bridge near The Body Shop, The CORE Shopping Centre — 324 8th Avenue SW, Calgary