The Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor hype tour has begun.
“He’s in a fucking tracksuit. He can’t even afford a suit anymore. The Rolls is a 2012 outside. He is fucked. There’s no other way about it.”
Those were the words of McGregor, who showed up in a suit, taunting Mayweather in front of 10,000 people at Staples Center in Los Angeles. It’s all to promote their highly anticipated August 26th boxing match in Las Vegas.
Press tour stop No. 2 goes today in Toronto (6 pm ET / 3 pm PT) at Budweiser Stage, followed by a stop in New York on Thursday and London on Friday.
If the press conference can be half as entertaining as LA’s showdown, Toronto is in for a treat.
McGregor, among other things:
- Said he would knock out Mayweather within four rounds
- Called Mayweather small and frail
- Verbally sparred with Mayweather’s father
Mayweather countered with a few great one-liners:
- “I’m the IRS, and I’m gonna tax your ass.”
- “God don’t make mistakes. And God only made one thing perfect, and that’s my boxing record.”
Do they have anything left for Toronto, New York, and London? You know they do.