The countdown to one of the sweetest times of the year in Calgary is on: The 2017 YYC Hot Chocolate Fest runs for the whole month of February and they have finally revealed their lineup.
Boasting an impressive 50+ participating restaurants and cafes there will 87 flavours of the warming wintery chocolatey drink to check out this time around.
The best part is, all the yummy goodness supports a wonderful cause. A portion of the proceeds from each drink are donated to support the clients and programs of Calgary Meals on Wheels.
Here’s a sneak peak into some of the must try drinks.
T-minus 5 days until we release our brand spankin new elixir for the #yychotchocolatefest contest! We’ve been working super hard at bringing you another chocolate elixir worthy of maintaining the top spot as ‘Calgary’s Best Hot Chocolate!’ And the best news ever is that we truly believe we have outdone ourselves!! Meet the White Chocolate Matcha Kiss! Rich & creamy white hot chocolate infused with a deep green matcha kiss, swirled with our very own stone-ground heirloom dark chocolate, garnished with a hand-made marshmallow made from grass-fed gelatin. This kiss is hot chocolate bliss! The contest starts February 1st, so this new specialty elixir will be available this Wednesday, until the end of February! So tag your elixir buddy, plan a date, and don’t forget to vote!!! 💚😉💚 #yyc #chocolate #hotchocolate #cacao #lightcellar #matcha #elixir #elixirbar #superfood #bestdayever
- What: Rich and creamy white hot chocolate infused with a deep green matcha kiss, swirled with our very own stone-ground heirloom dark chocolate, garnished with a hand-made mint marshmallow made from grass-fed gelatin. This is hot chocolate bliss!
- Where: Light Cellar – 6326 Bowness Road NW
- What: Main Dish signature hot chocolate spiced up with cardamom, topped with house made lavender whipped cream.
- Where: The Main Dish – 903 General Avenue NE
- What: A creamy thick hazelnut drinking chocolate covered with a fluffy layer of marshmallows and vanilla whipped cream.
- Where: Café Blanca – 240 Riverfront Avenue SW
— The Bean Stop (@BeanStop) January 29, 2017
- What: Each Taj Mahal is created using premium European Dark Chocolate, Fresh ginger, turmeric, cinnamon & a touch of heat and is finished with our special chocolate crumble & cinnamon shaved chocolate whipped cream.
- Where: The Bean Stop – 145-200 Barclay Parade SW
- What: Hot Chocolate, tequila, lime cordial, agave syrup.
- Where: Vendome Cafe – 940 2 Avenue NW
- What: Velvety Guinness hot chocolate, with Jameson and Baileys. Made with cream for that velvety taste. Topped with a House Made Guinness Marshmallow
- Where: Fairmont Palliser – 133 9th Avenue SW
- What: Caramel hot chocolate finished with malden sea salt and a house-made marshmallow. Spiked with spicy Italian Amaro and Brandy for the grown ups.
- Where: The Nash – 925 11th Street SE
- What: A sublime mixture of bittersweet chocolate, condensed milk, cinnamon, chili powder, hellfire bitters, whipped cream, and of course, 1 oz of El Jefe Barrel Aged Manhatten tequila
- Where: Anejo Restaurant – 2116 4 St SW #2
For a complete list of participating venues with boozy and traditional drinks for this years YYC Hot Chocolate Fest click here.
In addition to sweet event, organizers have created a ‘Drink Passport‘ to help you try to cross out as many venues as you can. Drink hot chocolate around town this month and you’ll be entered to win some prizes.
See the amazing local business participating to become #YYCsBestHotChocolate !! . . . Over 50 businesses have created a custom hot chocolate for our friendly competition that lasts all February long! We have so many #glutenfree #dairyfree #vegan and #fairtrade options available, there is something for everyone!! At over 100 locations across #yyc, there is sure to be one near you!! . . . The best part? $1 from each hot chocolate sold benefits @calgarymealsonwheels Home Meal Delivery Program serving over 700 Calgarians each day. . . . Cheers to a month of delicious hot chocolate, supporting local business and local non profit in #yyc !! . . . #yycdrinks #yycevents #yychotchocolatefest #yycliving #hotchocolate #yycnonprofit #glutenfree #gfyyc #dairyfree #vegan #fairtrade #gogetsome #feb1