We’re down to the final eight countries, at what has been one of the most surprising and entertaining FIFA World Cups of all-time.
The tournament will take two days off before resuming in Russia on Friday.
Upsets to Germany in the group stage and Spain in the Round of 16 have resulted in a lopsided bracket, giving surprise teams like England, Sweden, Croatia, and Russia a glorious chance to reach a World Cup Final.
That’s a place Croatia and Russia have never been. England hasn’t been there since 1966, while Sweden has been waiting since 1958.
— FIFA World Cup 🏆 (@FIFAWorldCup) July 3, 2018
France, Brazil, England, and Croatia enter the quarter-finals as favourites to advance to the semi-finals. But if we’ve learned one thing so far in this tournament, it’s to never count out the underdog.
- Friday, July 6 (7 am PT / 10 am ET): Uruguay vs France
- Friday, July 6 (11 am PT / 2 pm ET): Brazil vs Belgium
- Saturday, July 7 (7 am PT / 10 am ET): Sweden vs England
- Saturday, July 7 (11 am PT / 2 pm ET): Russia vs Croatia
- Tuesday, July 10 (11 am PT / 2 pm ET)
- Wednesday, July 11 (11 am PT / 2 pm ET)
- Saturday, July 14 (7 am PT / 10 am ET)
- Sunday, July 15 (8 am PT / 11 am ET)