It’s the most wonderful day of the year!
Spend this Christmas Monday however you see fit – though there’s not going to be all that much open around town. Rum and eggnog at home, then?
- Fernie, BC officially opens new, NHL-donated outdoor ice rink (PHOTOS)
- Here's how much we're all spending on Christmas presents
- 21 places open in Calgary on Christmas Day 2017
Grab something to eat
- What: Not all restaurants are open on Christmas Day, but there are a few with open doors this December 25.
- Where: Here’s our list of where to get Christmas dinner in Calgary.
- What: Skiing is a possibility this Monday, with a few hills remaining open for merry sliders. You could even get a free ski pass if you show up at Mount Norquay in a full Santa costume!
- Where: Mount Norquay and Lake Louise Ski Resort
Hit the movie theatre
- What: Cineplex Entertainment has their door opens for moviegoers that want to grab some popcorn, hot chocolate, and a comfy cinema seat.
Crowfoot Crossing Cinemas
Sunridge Spectrum Cinemas
Cineplex Odeon Eau
Claire Market Cinemas
- SilverCity CrossIron Mills and XSCAPE Entertainment Centre
- What: Calgary Transit is free for everyone on Christmas Day! Schedules will be different than a regular Monday, however, with limited bus service throughout the day. Check the City of Calgary’s website for more details.
Spend quality time with loved ones
- What: The best thing about Christmas is spending time with your loved ones, whether that’s your family, friends, or a happy mix of both! Use the time off wisely by enjoying each other’s company, eating some delicious dinner, or just drinking the holiday away.