A total of 96 new confirmed known cases of COVID-19 have been declared in Alberta, authorities reported on Sunday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 6,253.
The total number of active cases in the province currently sits at 1,747.
In the last 24-hours, an additional person has now died as a result of being infected with the virus, bringing the provincial total of coronavirus-related casualties to 117.
The latest data includes 4,244 cases in the Calgary zone, 509 cases in the Edmonton zone, 99 in the Central zone, 1,154 in the South zone, 227 in the North zone.
As of May 10, cases have been identified in zones all across the province, including:
- 1,159 active cases and 3,003 recovered cases in the Calgary zone
- 470 active cases and 673 recovered cases in the South zone
- 65 active cases and 432 recovered cases in the Edmonton zone
- 31 active cases and 181 recovered cases in the North zone
- 17 active cases and 81 recovered cases in the Central zone
- Five active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones yet to be confirmed
Currently, 71 people are being treated in hospital, 13 of which have been admitted to intensive care units (ICU).