The City of Calgary just put a call out for any citizens hoping to have a louder say in the way the city is run.
A release from the city states that positions are open on 20 of its boards, commissions, and committees, which it is hoping to fill with suitable applicants.
- See also:
Those applicants would need to be at least 18 years old, have a desire to give back to the community, have specific expertise relevant to the specific board, commission, or committee they are applying for, support inclusiveness, and have the time availability to commit to membership.
The following city-run groups currently have vacancies that need filling:
- Advisory Committee on Accessibility
- Anti-Racism Action Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Audit Committee
- BiodiverCity Advisory Committee
- Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
- Calgary Airport Authority
- Calgary Parking Committee
- Calgary Planning Commission
- Calgary Police Commission
- Calgary Technologies Inc. (Platform Calgary)
- Calgary Transit Access Eligibility Appeal Board
- Calgary Transit Public Safety Citizen Oversight Committee
- Combative Sports Commission
- Friends of HMCS Calgary Committee
- Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board
- Saddledome Foundation
- Social Wellbeing Advisory Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Urban Design Review Panel
An application is available at the City of Calgary’s website and must be submitted by Friday, September 11 to be eligible.