If this work-week has felt like a bit of long one for you, a new list of the country’s richest people from Canadian Business will make it feel… well, just a little bit longer.
Canadian Business has released their annual rankings of the 100 wealthiest people in the country and it just so happens that seven of those people live in our fair city.
- 45-foot tall Christmas tree, fireworks, and live music at CORE shopping centre
- Carbon monoxide alarm causes evacuation of 100 apartment residents at 3 am
- Calgary trampoline park hosts Neon Lights nights on Friday, Saturday
And just to add fuel to the fire, the guidelines for this year’s ranking have been adjusted: No one on the list is worth less than a billion.
In what will likely surprise no one, the richest Calgarians are Fred and Ron Mannix of Mancal Group, worth $3.3 billion.
Here are the seven richest people in our city, as well as where they rank on the top 100 list.
26. Fred & Ron Mannix – Mancal Group – $3.3 billion
34. N. Murray Edwards – Canadian Natural Resources – $2.88 billion
43. Estate of Ronald Southern – Atco, Canadian Utilities – $2.3 billion
72. Clay Riddell – Paramount Resources, Trilogy Energy, Tourmaline Oil – $1.62 billion
73. JR Shaw – Shaw Communications – $1.61 billion
75. Ronald Joyce – Tim Hortons – $1.57 billion
82. David Werklund – Werklund Capital, Tervita – $1.43 billion
So yeah, happy Friday.