Glassdoor, which is one of the world’s largest job sites, has released its fifth list of the top CEOs in Canada, as part of its annual Employees’ Choice Awards.
The list recognizes CEOs with more than 1,000 employees with the highest approval rating among Canada-based employers over the past year.
To qualify for the list, a current CEO must receive at least 25 company reviews from employees and senior management between May 2, 2018, and May 1, 2019.
This year’s list features CEOs across diverse industries, including technology, retail, science, health care, and more.
Topping this year’s list is AMD’s Dr. Lisa Su, 99% CEO approval rating. According to Glassdoor, Su is a newcomer to the list, and the first woman to earn the top spot on Top CEOs in Canada.
Following in second place is the Keg Restaurants’ David Aisenstat, with a 99% CEO approval rating, and rounding out the top three is Ubisoft’s Yves Guillemot, with a 98% CEO approval rating.
“It’s an honour to recognize incredible leaders who, from their employees’ perspectives, exemplify exceptional vision, trust, and communication,” said Christian Sutherland-Wong, Glassdoor president and chief operating officer.
“Glassdoor’s Top CEOs award continues to be more competitive every year, and I congratulate each leader on their achievement.”
- Here are the most attractive employers to Canadian students: report
- Uber reveals new Toronto engineering hub with up to 400 jobs
- Canadian fintech company raises $42M as its user base continues to grow
The top 25 CEOs in Canada in 2019:
- AMD’s Dr. Lisa Su (99% approval)
- Keg Restaurants’ David Aisenstat (99% approval)
- Ubisoft‘s Yves Guillemot (98% approval)
- IKEA’s Jesper Brodin (98% approval)
- Ciena’s Gary B. Smith (97% approval)
- RBC’s David I. McKay (96% approval)
- Cisco Systems’ Chuck Robbins (96% approval)
- Microsoft’s Satya Nadella (96% approval)
- Glentel’s Ravi Nookala (96% approval)
- G Adventures’ Bruce Poon Tip (96% approval)
- Manpower‘s Jonas Prising (95% approval)
- Fortinet‘s Ken Xie (95% approval)
- PURE Canadian Gaming‘s George Goldhoff (95% approval)
- Wipro‘s Abidali Z. Neemuchwala (94% approval)
- Aldo’s David Bensadoun (94% approval)
- Purdys Chocolatier‘s Karen Flavelle (94% approval)
- Apple‘s Tim Cook (94% approval)
- SAP‘s Bill McDermott (93% approval)
- LUSH North America‘s Mark Wolverton (93% approval)
- Randstad‘s Marc-Étienne Julien (93% approval)
- Dell‘s Michael S. Dell (92% approval)
- Vancouver Coastal Health‘s Mary Ackenhusen (92% approval)
- PwC‘s Robert E. Moritz (92% approval)
- Softchoice‘s Vince De Palma (91% approval)
- Desjardins‘ Guy Cormier (91% approval)