5 Calgary winter markets to shop local this season
Dec 19 2017, 10:55 am
Although summer is jam packed with amazing markets, the winter is host to quite an awesome selection as well.
Here are a few winter markets to visit in Calgary:
Calgary Farmers’ Market
- What: Full of fresh food and free entertainment as well as many different vendors to visit this little market is the perfect spot to visit during the winter.
- Where: 510 77 Avenue SE, Calgary
- When: Thursday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What: Posses farm-fresh produce and tasty treats plus lost of unique finds from the large variety of vendors.
- Where: Cross Roads Market – 1235 26 Avenue SE, Calgary
- When: Friday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Symons Valley Ranch
- What: Visit the many different vendors and explore what the Symons Valley ranch has to offer. There is also a special Friday customer discount of every Friday this winter from January 8 to March 18 be sure to ask the vendors about their deals.
- Where: Symons Valley Ranch – 14555 Symons Valley Road
- When: Tuesday to Sunday, various times (opens January 8)
Calgary Weekend Markets
- What: Offering variety, Calgary Weekend Markets, focuses on providing entrepreneurs, business owners and vendors with reliable and consistent locations where they can showcase their products and services.
- Where: Various; Check site for more info here
- When: February 6, 13, and 20, and March 5, 12, and 20 at 11 a.m.
Market Collective: February 2016 dates
- What: Market Collective will be showcasing a roster of artists and musicians during the weekend. Follow them along on social media to keep up with the newest events.
- Where: Chinese Cultural Centre – 197 1 Street SW
- When: Friday, February 12 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, February 13 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, February 14 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost: $5 and Free for kids