Calgary Transit is adjusting its hours of operation during the holiday season.
On December 25, passengers will be able to ride buses and CTrains for free — meaning that you’ll be able to get to and from that Christmas dinner without spending a cent.
Service hours will be slightly adjusted that day, however, with trains running every 15 minutes throughout daytime hours and every 30 minutes from 10 pm to 12:30 am.
- See also:
Bus service will run every 20 to 45 minutes for routes 1, 3, 8, 9, 14, 38, 43, 100, 300, 301, 302, MAX Orange, MAX Yellow, MAX Teal, and MAX Purple.
Check Calgary Transit’s schedules page to find out when your bus is running and stay up to date with changes to your route with transit email alerts.
The full schedule and details of Calgary Transit’s holiday service can be found online.
Calgary Transit service December 23 to January 1
- Monday, December 23 – Winter Service Changes take effect. MAX Yellow line begins service
- Tuesday, December 24 – Regular Sunday level of service
- Wednesday, December 25 (Christmas) – Service is free all day, though limited
- Thursday, December 26 – Sunday level of service for both CTrains and buses
- Tuesday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve) – Extended night service, last CTrain and buses leaving downtown at 3 am. Full info can be found here
- Wednesday, January 1 (New Year’s Day) – Sunday level of service for both CTrain and buses