Good news for those who are currently on the lookout for new jobs in Calgary.
There are a wide variety of roles available in the city this May, and we’ve put together a list of 16 places that are hiring for 410 open positions in Calgary right now.
So dust off your resumé and get applying for a few of these jobs.
- See also:
- Who: Bromwich and Smith is a growing organization across Canada that helps those who are facing overwhelming challenges with debt, supporting them with compassion and dignity while ensuring they are on a path to financial wellness. Bromwich and Smith started in Calgary and now serves Canadians in most provinces from coast to coast.
- Jobs: Bromwich and Smith is looking to fill a number of roles, including Debt Relief Specialists, Full Stack Application Developer, Insolvency Counsellors, and more.
- Perks: Benefits include health, dental, and vision care. Company paid monthly transit passes, paid vacation days, wellness days, and a company matching group savings program round out Bromwich and Smith’s employee perks.
- Who: Bold Commerce creates e-commerce solutions for brands and retailers in 170 countries, and powers over 90,000 companies including Harry Rosen, Staples Canada, and Pepsi’s GameFuel. Bold is expanding its footprint in Calgary as part of a commitment to the growing tech scene, and a desire to work with the country’s best talent.
- Jobs: Bold Commerce is currently hiring 34 new employees in Calgary. The company’s open positions span Solutions Engineers, Event Marketing Specialists, Lead Product Designers, and more.
- Perks: Bold Commerce benefits include health, dental, and vision care with 100% of premiums covered, flexible start times and remote work opportunities, and 20 paid hours a year towards volunteering in your local community.
- Who: Helcim is a payment facilitator that helps businesses accept credit card payments more easily. It bills its service as being easy to sign up for, providing smart payment tools, and making it more affordable for companies to accept credit card payments.
- Jobs: Helcim is currently hiring seven Calgary-based positions. They’re accepting applications for a Customer Service Guru, Lead Guru, Product Designer, Front-End Developer – Design Focus, Full Stack Software Developer, and Junior Full Stack Developers.
- Perks: Employees get company-provided snacks and lunches plus health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time.
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of positions available.
- Jobs: There are 24 jobs at Amazon up for grabs right now, including WHS Specialist, Cloud Applicant Architect, and Senior Manager of Station Operations.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, vision, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.
- Who: Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 22 available positions. Stores that have open positions include Foot Locker, Abercrombie & Fitch, Armani, and Zara.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: WinSport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High-Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Jobs: WinSport is looking to fill three permanent positions, which include Business Systems Analyst, Paralegal, and Senior Manager of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment. Plus, there are eight part-time roles up for grabs, ranging from Bike Technician, Summer Camps Call of the Wild Instructor, Summer Camps Team Lead, and more.
- Perks: WinSport team members get free parking spaces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit and leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t become bankrupt, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 42 jobs are on offer with the City of Calgary right now in various departments, including a Civic Partnership Consultant, Telecommunications Specialist, Transit Research Planner, and Sailing Instructor.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to workout facilities, Repsol makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol is currently hiring for four positions, including an Active Living Program Leader, Custodians, and Active Living Program Assistant.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations throughout Calgary and is hiring at two of them.
- Jobs: There are two open positions in the Keg’s Calgary restaurants right now for Dishwasher and Food Expeditor roles.
- Perks: Benefits for hourly workers include 40% on food at any Keg (for you and up to three friends!), staff events, and health benefits for those working over 30 hours a week.
- Who: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffee house chain. Known for their fancy drinks and spelling errors, the chain is a fun place to work if you want to get to know the coffee world.
- Jobs: Starbucks has a whopping 86 jobs available in the Calgary area, ranging in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to be a barista, now’s your chance!
- Perks: Perks include a free box of tea or bag of coffee every week, and a 30% discount on all products.
- Who: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket chain of 183 full-service supermarket stores in Western Canada. It is owned by Canada’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Jobs: Safeway is currently hiring for roles in three of its Calgary stores, including Meat Cutter, Night Shift Leader, and Pharmacist.
- Perks: Perks include prescription drug and dental coverage, vision care, paid time off for vacation, sick leave and company-recognized holidays, and Employee Association for leisure-time activities at a discount.
- Who: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you’re a handy person, a job at RONA could be a great fit for you.
- Jobs: RONA has 17 jobs available in Calgary, from their stores and distribution centres to head office. Roles include Yard Supervisor, Sales Specialists, Warehouse Team Member, and Pro Sales Manager.
- Perks: Perks include a company store discount, life insurance, and cellphone coverage.
- Who: UofC is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The jobs page on UofC’s website currently shows 135 positions available for application, with titles ranging from Postdoctoral Scholar – Cell Biology & Anatomy to Admissions Coordinator for the Haskayne School of Business to Biomedical Engineering Education Assistant – Schulich School of Engineering.
- Perks: Perks vary by department; more information is available here.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is hiring for three jobs, including Camp Chief Hector Summer Camp Counsellors, Kitchen Team Lead, and YMAP/LIT Coordinator.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and more.
- Who: The Home Depot is the Canadian arm of the world’s largest home improvement retailer, with careers in distribution centres, corporate offices, retail management, and retail stores. The company has eight retail stores in Calgary.
- Jobs: The Home Depot is hiring for four positions at its Calgary locations, ranging from Flooring Sales Associate to Operations Manager to Plumbing and Electrical Associate.
- Perks: All permanent Home Depot employees enjoy benefits that include bonus plans, employee stock purchases, time tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, care programs, discounts on group home and car insurance, and more.
- Who: Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Recognized as one of Canada’s Great Places to Work, Microsoft provides nationwide sales, marketing, consulting, and local support services to its customers.
- Jobs: The tech giant currently has 10 jobs open in Calgary, which include Cloud Solution Architect, Partner Dev Manager, and Principal Software Engineer.
- Perks: Microsoft employees enjoy flexible work schedules, generous vacation time, health benefits, discounts on their products and services, scholarship programs, and more.