On the hunt for a new job?
There are some seriously cool companies seeking employees for a wide variety of positions in the city this March, and it looks like now’s the time to make a career move.
We’ve put together a list of 12 places that are currently hiring for 442 positions in Calgary, so dust off your resumé and get applying.
- See also:
- Who: Helcim is a payment facilitator that helps businesses accept credit card payments more easily. It bills its service as being easy to sign up for, providing smart payment tools, and making it more affordable for companies to accept credit card payment.
- Jobs: Helcim is currently hiring four Calgary-based positions. They’re accepting applications for a Customer Service Guru, Lead Guru, Visual Designer, and a Junior Developer.
- Perks: Employees get company-provided snacks and lunches plus health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time.
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of positions available.
- Jobs: There are currently 20 jobs up for grabs, including Site WHS Manager, Senior Engagement Manager, and HR Business Partner.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, vision, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.
- Who: Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 34 available positions. Stores that have open positions include Casper, MAC, Sunglass Hut, Aritzia, and Foot Locker.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: WinSport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Jobs: WinSport is currently looking to fill one permanent position (Safety Lead – Venue Operations), plus one temporary Security Guard role.
- Perks: WinSport team members get free parking spaces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit and leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t go broke, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 27 jobs are currently on offer with the City of Calgary in various departments, including a Business Analyst, Golf Course Worker, Mental Health Therapist, and Transportation Planner.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to workout facilities, Repsol makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol is currently hiring for eight positions, including an Aquatic Operations Coordinator, Director of Operations, and Active Living Program Leader.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations throughout Calgary and is hiring at two of them.
- Jobs: There are currently five open positions in Hospitality Team Member, Line Cook, Dishwasher, and Food Expeditor roles.
- Perks: Benefits for hourly workers include 40% on food at any Keg (for you and up to three friends!), staff events, and health benefits for those working over 30 hours a week.
- Who: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffee house chain. Known for their fancy drinks and spelling errors. The chain is a fun place to work if you want to get to know the coffee world.
- Jobs: Starbucks has a whopping 202 jobs available in the Calgary area, ranging in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to be a barista, now’s your chance!
- Perks: Perks include a free box of tea or bag of coffee every week and a 30% discount on all products.
- Who: Safeway is a well known Canadian supermarket chain of 183 full-service supermarket stores in Western Canada. It is owned by Canada’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Jobs: Safeway is currently hiring for roles in two of its Calgary stores, including Cashier and Meat Cutter.
- Perks: Perks include prescription drug and dental coverage, vision care, paid time off for vacation, sick leave and company-recognized holidays, and Employee Association for leisure-time activities at a discount.
- Who: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you’re a handy person, a job at RONA could be a great fit for you.
- Jobs: RONA has eight jobs available in Calgary from their stores to head office to distribution centres. Roles include Merchandising Service Associate, Operations Manager, and Talent Acquisition Advisor.
- Perks: Perks include a company store discount, life insurance, and cellphone coverage.
- Who: UofC is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The jobs page at UofC’s website shows dozens of positions currently available for application, with titles ranging from Sessional Instructor to Research Associate to Technical Systems Analyst.
- Perks: Perks vary by department; more information is available here.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is hiring for Day Camp Counsellors at Camp Chief Hector and Riveredge YMCA, plus a Camp Director at the Riveredge location.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and more.