Good news for those who are currently on the lookout for new jobs in Calgary.
There are a wide variety of roles available in the city this July, and we’ve put together a list of 16 places that are hiring for more than 500 positions in Calgary right now.
So dust off your resumé and get applying for a few of these jobs.
- See also:
- Who: Zipwhip invented the capability to text to and from a landline, toll-free, or VoIP telephone number and have led the entire business-texting industry, with 35,000 businesses in the US and Canada using Zipwhip to text their customers. Zipwhip is a quickly growing company, expanding over 400% in the past three years.
- Jobs: Zipwhip currently has four development-focused openings in Calgary and hopes to add over 30 more positions throughout the year. Opportunities include Principal Developer Manager – Backend, Principal Engineering Manager – Web and Services, Senior Software Developer – Backend, and Senior Software Developer – Developer Platform.
- Perks: Competitive compensation and stock options, plus a full benefits package including parental leave, retirement plan options, PTO, medical, dental, and vision care, and disability and life insurance.
- Who: Bold Commerce creates e-commerce solutions for brands and retailers in 170 countries, and powers over 90,000 companies including Harry Rosen, Staples Canada, and Pepsi’s GameFuel. Bold is expanding its footprint in Calgary as part of a commitment to the growing tech scene, and a desire to work with the country’s best talent.
- Jobs: Bold Commerce is currently hiring 26 new employees in Calgary. The company’s open positions span Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, Privacy Officer, Enablement Manager, and more.
- Perks: Bold Commerce benefits include health, dental, and vision care with 100% of premiums covered, flexible start times and remote work opportunities, and 20 paid hours per year towards volunteering in your local community.
- Who: Helcim is a payment facilitator that helps businesses accept credit card payments more easily. It bills its service as being easy to sign up for, providing smart payment tools, and making it more affordable for companies to accept credit card payments.
- Jobs: Helcim is currently hiring seven Calgary-based positions. They’re accepting applications for a Customer Service Guru, Lead Guru, Junior Full Stack Developer, Fraud Analyst, Visual Designer, Frontend Developer – Design Focus, and Senior Web Designer – Head of Design.
- Perks: Employees get company-provided snacks and lunches, plus health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time.
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of positions available.
- Jobs: There are 16 jobs at Amazon up for grabs right now in the Calgary area, including HR Business Partner, Worker’s Compensation Assistant, and Senior Solutions Architect.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, and vision care, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.
- Who: CF Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers, ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 39 available positions. Stores that have open positions include Peloton, Foot Locker, Saks Fifth Avenue, Zara, and more.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: WinSport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore, Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High-Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier, Alberta.
- Jobs: WinSport is looking to fill one permanent position for a Marketing Specialist. Plus, there are eight temporary roles up for grabs, ranging from Team Lead – Skate & Hockey School to Summer Camp Instructor to Summer Freestyle Ski Coach, and more.
- Perks: WinSport team members get free parking spaces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit and leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t become bankrupt, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 38 jobs are on offer with the City of Calgary right now in various departments, including Land Titles Officer, Skate Park/Inline Instructor, Finance Coordinator, and Transportation Engineer.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to workout facilities, Repsol makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol is currently hiring for nine positions, including Aquatic Shift Leader, Director of Operations, and Facility Services/OH&S Manager.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations throughout Calgary and is hiring at all of them right now.
- Jobs: There are opportunities at all of the Keg’s Calgary restaurants for Servers, Hosts, Bussers, Bartenders and Bar Backs, Dishwashers, Prep and Line Cooks, Salad Tenders, and Food Expeditor roles.
- Perks: Benefits for hourly workers include 40% off food at any Keg location (for you and up to three friends!), staff events, and health benefits for those working over 30 hours a week.
- Who: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffeehouse chain. Known for their fancy drinks and spelling errors, these cafes are a fun place to work if you want to get to know the coffee world.
- Jobs: Starbucks has a whopping 106 jobs available in the Calgary area, ranging in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to be a barista, now’s your chance.
- Perks: Perks include a free box of tea or bag of coffee every week and a 30% discount on all products.
- Who: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket with 183 full-service stores in Western Canada. It is owned by the country’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Jobs: Safeway is currently hiring for seven roles in its Calgary stores, including Cashier, Deli Clerk, Pharmacy Assistant, and Cake Decorator.
- Perks: Perks include prescription drug and dental coverage, vision care, paid time off for vacation, sick leave and company-recognized holidays, and Employee Association for leisure-time activities at a discount.
- Who: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you’re a handy person, a job at RONA could be a great fit for you.
- Jobs: RONA has 19 jobs available in Calgary, from their stores and distribution centres to head office. Roles include IT Technician – Distribution Centre, Operations Manager, Merchandising Service Associate, and Lumber Yard Team Member.
- Perks: Perks include a company store discount, life insurance, and cellphone coverage.
- Who: U of C is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The jobs page on the University of Calgarys’s website currently shows 156 positions available for application, with titles ranging from Dean – Faculty of Science to Analyst – Financial Reporting, Financial Reporting Operations to Sessional Instructor: CHEM 371 – Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science.
- Perks: Perks vary by department; more information is available here.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is currently hiring for 15 jobs, including Child Minding Caregiver, Building Operator, Membership Services Representative, and Visual Arts Instructor.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and more.
- Who: The Home Depot is the Canadian arm of the world’s largest home improvement retailer, with careers in distribution centres, corporate offices, retail management, and retail stores. The company has eight retail stores in Calgary.
- Jobs: The Home Depot is hiring for two positions at its Calgary locations right now, with roles available for a Merchandising Associate and a Millworks Sales Associate.
- Perks: All permanent Home Depot employees enjoy benefits that include bonus plans, employee stock purchases, time tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, care programs, discounts on group home and car insurance, and more.
- Who: Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Recognized as one of Canada’s “Great Places to Work,” Microsoft provides nationwide sales, marketing, consulting, and local support services to its customers.
- Jobs: The tech giant currently has 12 jobs open in Calgary, which include Principal Software Engineer, Digital Specialist, and Delivery Resource Manager.
- Perks: Microsoft employees enjoy flexible work schedules, generous vacation time, health benefits, discounts on their products and services, scholarship programs, and more.