Good news for those who are currently on the lookout for new jobs in Calgary.
There are a wide variety of positions available in the city this April, and we’ve put together a list of 15 places that are hiring for 550 positions in Calgary right now.
So dust off your resumé and get applying for a few of these jobs.
- See also:
- Who: Bold Commerce creates e-commerce solutions for brands and retailers in 170 countries, and powers over 90,000 companies including Harry Rosen, Staples Canada, and Pepsi’s GameFuel. Bold is expanding its footprint in Calgary as part of a commitment to the growing tech scene, and a desire to work with the country’s best talent.
- Jobs: Bold Commerce is looking to hire at least 125 new employees in the next 90 days, with a large portion from Calgary. The company’s open positions span software developers, product managers, designers and machine learning and AI engineers.
- Perks: Bold Commerce benefits include health, dental, and vision care with 100% of premiums covered, flexible start times and remote work opportunities, and 20 paid hours a year towards volunteering in your local community.
- Who: Helcim is a payment facilitator that helps businesses accept credit card payments more easily. It bills its service as being easy to sign up for, providing smart payment tools, and making it more affordable for companies to accept credit card payment.
- Jobs: Helcim is currently hiring six Calgary-based positions. They’re accepting applications for a Customer Service Guru, Lead Guru, Product Designer, Front-End Developer – Design Focus, Full Stack Software Developer, and Junior Full Stack Developer.
- Perks: Employees get company-provided snacks and lunches plus health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time.
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of positions available.
- Jobs: There are 22 jobs at Amazon up for grabs right now, including WHS Specialist, Global Account Manager – Energy, and Senior Engagement Manager.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, vision, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.
- Who: Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 39 available positions. Stores that have open positions include Sunglass Hut, Abercrombie & Fitch, Casper, Aritzia, and Foot Locker.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: WinSport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Jobs: WinSport is looking to fill three permanent positions, which include Lift Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic, and Safety Lead – Venue Operations. Plus, there are six part-time roles up for grabs, ranging from Evenings & Weekends Mountain Bike Instructor, Summer Camps Call of the Wild Instructor, Summer Camps Team Lead, and more.
- Perks: WinSport team members get free parking spaces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit and leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t go broke, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 48 jobs are on offer with the City of Calgary right now in various departments, including a Funding and Investment Consultant, Engineering Record Coordinator, General Manager of Community Services, and Research, Data, and Analytics Lead.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to workout facilities, Repsol makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol is currently hiring for seven positions, including an Aquatic Programs and Operations Manager, Part-time/Weekend Custodian, and Active Living Program Leader.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations throughout Calgary and is hiring at two of them.
- Jobs: There are four open positions in the Keg’s Calgary restaurants for Culinary Staff, Service Staff, Dishwasher, and Food Expeditor roles.
- Perks: Benefits for hourly workers include 40% on food at any Keg (for you and up to three friends!), staff events, and health benefits for those working over 30 hours a week.
- Who: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffee house chain. Known for their fancy drinks and spelling errors, the chain is a fun place to work if you want to get to know the coffee world.
- Jobs: Starbucks has a whopping 106 jobs available in the Calgary area, ranging in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to be a barista, now’s your chance!
- Perks: Perks include a free box of tea or bag of coffee every week, and a 30% discount on all products.
- Who: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket chain of 183 full-service supermarket stores in Western Canada. It is owned by Canada’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Jobs: Safeway is currently hiring for roles in three of its Calgary stores, including Meat Cutter, Pharmacy Manager, and Part-time Pharmacist.
- Perks: Perks include prescription drug and dental coverage, vision care, paid time off for vacation, sick leave and company-recognized holidays, and Employee Association for leisure-time activities at a discount.
- Who: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you’re a handy person, a job at RONA could be a great fit for you.
- Jobs: RONA has 11 jobs available in Calgary, from their stores and distribution centres to head office. Roles include Pro Sales Manager, Payroll and Claims Coordinator, and Customer Service Assistant.
- Perks: Perks include a company store discount, life insurance, and cellphone coverage.
- Who: UofC is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The jobs page at UofC’s website shows over 140 positions available for application, with titles ranging from Grant Writer for the Schulich School of Engineering to Faculty of Social Work Research Assistant to Sessional Instructor of Real Estate Studies for the Haskayne School of Business.
- Perks: Perks vary by department; more information is available here.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is hiring for 12 jobs, including Part-time Skate Instructors, Camp Chief Hector Summer Camp Counsellors, and a Health and Fitness Coordinator.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and more.
- Who: The Home Depot is the Canadian arm of the world’s largest home improvement retailer, with careers in distribution centres, corporate offices, retail management, and retail stores. The company has eight retail stores in Calgary.
- Jobs: The Home Depot is hiring for nine positions at its Calgary locations, ranging from Loss Prevention Specialist to Customer Facing Associate to Flooring Sales Specialist.
- Perks: All permanent Home Depot employees enjoy benefits that include bonus plans, employee stock purchases, time tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, care programs, discounts on group home and car insurance, and more.
- Who: Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Recognized as one of Canada’s Great Places to Work, Microsoft provides nationwide sales, marketing, consulting, and local support services to its customers.
- Jobs: The tech giant current has nine jobs open in Calgary, which include Customer Engineer, Business Program Manager, and Cloud Solution Architect.
- Perks: Microsoft employees enjoy flexible work schedules, generous vacation time, health benefits, discounts on their products and services, scholarship programs, and more.