From mindful meditation rooms to unlimited snacks, sit-stand desks, and paid time off to volunteer for your favourite charity, there are lots of Calgary companies that boast serious work-life benefits.
And good news — they are all looking for full-time and part-time staff to add to their teams.
This month’s list of companies who are hiring features clothing retailers, rec centres, and ski hills.
Find something you love in this list of Calgary jobs!
- See also:
- Who: Winsport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Jobs: Winsport is currently looking to fill seven full-time positions, including Director of Food and Beverage, Patrol Team Lead, Safety Sepcialist, WCB Claims Coordinator, and Executive Assistant. There are also 24 temporary job opportunities, including Rink Attendant, Dishwasher, Tube Park Team Member, and full-time Lift Operator.
- Perks: Winsport team members get free park paces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The Calgary Stampede is in charge of throwing the Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth every July, though there is also lots that the organization does in the off-season as well!
- Jobs: The Calgary Stampede is hiring for 24 part- or full-time positions, including Grey Cup Event Staff, Park Patrol Agents, a Sponsor Account Manager, a Dispatcher, wait staff, a shuttle bus driver, and much more.
- Perks: “The Calgary Stampede offers a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent total compensation package and the opportunity for advancement and employee training.”
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit to leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t go broke, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions!
- Jobs: A total of 28 jobs are currently on offer with the City of Calgary, including positions such as an Archivist, Court Liason Officer, Operations Coordinator, Skate Instructor, Fitness Instructor, Babysitter, Traffic Management Centre Coordinator, and much more.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
- Who: Making sure busy travellers get to where they need to go, the Calgary Airport Authority runs everything to do with YYC.
- Jobs: Seven jobs are on offer at the airport, with four being designated to students! Non-student positions are Director of Data and Analytics, Organizational Effectiveness Coordinator, and Schedules Facilitator. Student jobs include Corporate Communications Co-op Student, Human Resources Co-op Student, Junior Programmer Co-op Student, and White Hat Volunteer Program Co-op Student.
- Perks: The Calgary Airport Authority offers benefits, pension, and health and wellness programs.
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to work out facilities, Repsol’s makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit!
- Jobs: Repsol’s is looking to bring in eight new employees — all except one (Building Operator) being part-time — to fill the roles of Swim Instructor, Baby and Me Fitness Instructor, Running Instructor, Childcare Attendant, On-Call Custodian, Boxing Bootcamp Instructor, and Pilates Flex Instructor.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is hiring for 14 positions this month, ranging from Aquatics Coordinators and Supervisors to Early Childhood Educators to School Break Camp Counsellors.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and much more.
- Who: Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 28 available positions, and roughly 200 other stores that are “collecting interest.” Stores that have open positions include Bluenotes, The Body Shop, Poko Popcorn, Le Creuset, Geox, A&W, 7 For All Mankind, Wirelesswave, Sunglass Hut, Ben Moss Jewellers, and more.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: Love the Flames so much you’d want to work within the Saddledome itself? Well, you’re in luck! There are plenty of opportunities available with the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation!
- Jobs: 19 external opportunities are currently available, including Cashier, Journeyman Plumber, Cook, Account Manager with Customer Service, 50/50 Ticket Seller, and many more.
- Perks: Perks are not specified on the site, but hey, you get to be in the Saddledome on game days.
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of jobs available.
- Jobs: 12 jobs are up for grabs with Amazon in Calgary, including HR Business Partner, EHS Specialist, Technical Account Manager, Area Manager, Financial Analyst, and more.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, vision, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.