Wednesdays are perfect — you’ve made it through the rough start of the week, found your stride, and it’s (almost) nothing but weekend days to come.
Celebrate making it this far by having an exciting time at any of these great events going on around the city today.
- This is what Second Cup cafes will look like as cannabis dispensaries (RENDERINGS)
- Train is headlining Calgary's 2018 Roundup Music Fest
- Calgary mayor calls BC premier a bad politician amid pipeline dispute
- What: See this beloved classic by Frances Hodgson Burnett come to life on stage in this beautifully composed Broadway musical! See how a young girl used a magical key and a secret garden to warm the hearts of her uncle, family, and the audience during the show.
- When: April 17 to May 19
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 220 9th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Online, $35 to $103
- What: Once a month you can shop local produce, art, fashion, and more at the Downtown Market series in Gulf Canada Square! Join them as they kick off summer and start the season right.
- When: Wednesday, May 16
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm
- Where: Gulf Canada Square – 401 9th Avenue SW
- Admission: FREE
- What: Join Royale Brasserie as they celebrate three international winemakers, Valenciso, TH Wines, and Domaine Gerard Tremblay paired with a three-course meal that your taste buds will never forget!
- When: Wednesday, May 16
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Where: Royale Brasserie – 730 17th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Email [email protected]
- What: Head to one of Calgary’s favourite eateries for some after-work libation for only $8 a glass. This deal includes the Moscow Mule Grilled Grapefruit Swizzle, a pint of Village Brewery No Bull beer, or a glass of wine. They will also be offering a chicken dinner for two for only $30, which includes half a wood-fired rotisserie Happy Chicken, with NOtaBLE signature salad and bottomless fries on the side – sign us up!
- When: Tuesday to Thursday
- Time: 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Where: 4611 Bowness Road NW
Go on a spring hike!
- What: Now that most of the snow has cleared away, grab your hiking shoes and head up to the Rockies for some fresh mountain air and stunning scenic views – just don’t forget your camera! Try Grassi Lakes, Johnston Canyon, or Grotto Canyon if you’re looking for an adventure a bit shorter in length, but doesn’t compromise the quality of the view. If you’re a thrill seeker and up for the challenge try out Ha Ling Peak, Crypt Lake, or Aylmer Lookout, because the end view will take your breath away – literally! Find more hikes to do around Alberta here!
- Where: The Canadian Rocky Mountains