It might feel like a Monday — the one downfall of the long weekend — but we’re actually closer to the weekend than you think!
Start this four-day week off on the right foot by checking out any of these great events this Tuesday — you won’t regret it!
- Check out a 180-team street hockey tournament at MRU this summer
- VegFest Calgary will be back in the city next month
- Best hidden and rooftop patios in Calgary
- What: Ever wondered how to make a French macaron? Look no further. Everyone’s favourite macaron shop, Ollia, hosts Macaron Baking Classes, offering exclusive lessons on how to properly engage in some macaronage, get the perfect shell, and create a variety of flavours. Bon appetite!
- When: Tuesday, May 22
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Ollia Macaron and Tea – 810c 16th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Call to reserve your spot, $100
- What: Looking for some inspiration, a place to write that isn’t your kitchen table, or simply some guidance on a writing project? For only $5 you can join White Space Writers every Tuesday morning and receive a workspace, unlimited coffee, accessibility to writing resources (aka they will look over a piece you’re working on) and a writing prompt if that is what you’re interested in. Plus you might make a new creative friend or two, which is priceless!
- When: Every Tuesday
- Time: 9 am to 12 pm
- Where: Loft 112 – 535 8th Avenue SE
- Admission: $5
- What: Looking for a quick escape from the everyday grind? This brand new spa combines the tranquil rejuvenation of a traditional Nordic Spa and the Alpine stillness of the Canadian Rockies. This spa is meant to provide relaxation and the opportunity to discover clarity in the midst of the mountains.
- Where: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis
- What: Head to the summit for a beautiful view above the treetops and a birds-eye view of six different mountain ranges, while sipping on coffee, or a refreshing glass of wine.
- Where: 100 Mountain Avenue, Banff
- Tickets: Adult $62, child $31
- What: Board game cafes make a great first date, as there are lots of icebreaker opportunities to make it very obvious if there will be a second date in the cards. Alternatively, it’s a fun way to hang out with friends and spice up the usual catch-up coffee affair. Plus, there is nothing wrong with some healthy competition!
- Hexagon Board Game Cafe – #200 1140 Kensington Road NW, Calgary
- Boxcar Board Game Cafe – 1215 1st Street SW, Calgary