Goodbye winter, hello spring!
After what has been a rather harsh winter in Calgary, we’re more than happy to see the snows in the rearview mirror as we head towards warmer weather (fingers crossed, of course).
There’s no better way to get out into the sunshine than by making plans to check out any of these great events happening this Tuesday.
- This Calgary spot is making the most outrageously boozy milkshakes ever
- Ellen DeGeneres is coming to Calgary this spring
- 18 magical shots of the Northern Lights over Canada this weekend (PHOTOS)
- What: Ever wonder how to make a French macaron? Look no further. Everyone’s favourite macaron shop, Ollia, hosts Macaron Baking Classes, offering exclusive lessons on how to properly engage in some macaronage, get the perfect shell, and create various flavours. Bon appetite!
- When: Tuesday, March 20
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Ollia Macaron and Tea – 810c 16th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Call to reserve your spot, $100
- What: Put an old-time spin on the traditional go-to date! Enjoy a three-course meal before heading over to Gasoline Alley for a classic flick: Jaws. Dun Dun DUHHHH.
- When: Wednesday, March 20
- Time: 5 to 10 pm
- Where: Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- Tickets: Online, $44.95 per person
- What: Starring one of Calgary’s most renowned actors, Stephen Hair, this productions brings a a Shakespeare classic to life! With life hanging by a thread, watch how an aging king resolves to divide his kingdom between his daughters and, in return, reveals the core to his own humanity.
- When: March 15 to 31
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: For the entire month of March Calgary’s favourite ice creamery will be partnering with various companies with a green thumb to feature their pop-ups.
- Victoria Park x Plant
- Britannia x Kokedema
- Garrison x Succulent by Nature
- When: The entire month of March
- Where: All Village Ice Cream Locations
- What: Looking for a spot to catch the games with all the basketball fanatics? National on 10th will have EVERY game up on the big screens. So come grab a beer and cheer on your favourite players!
- When: March 11 to April 2
- Time: Varies depending on the game
- Where: National on 10 – 341 10th Avenue SW