Tuesday getting you down? No worries!
Take your mind off of just how far away the weekend still is (it’s three more work days, in case you forgot) by checking out any of these great events today.
- A new Nordic-style spa is coming to Kananaskis country this February
- Calgary will see a 28°C swing in temperature this week
- The largest ice castle in Canada is now open in Edmonton (PHOTOS)
- What: Show the crowd what you’ve got by belting out loud during an awesome night of karaoke.
- When: Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Time: Open 10 am to 2 am, karaoke starts later in the evening
- Where: Lighthouse Pub – 1140 137 Avenue SE
- Admission: Free! But you may need a drink before heading on stage.
- What: Thanks to the wonder that is alliteration, many Calgary restaurants and pubs offer specials on tacos simply because it’s Tuesday. We’ve put together a list to help you out in finding these delicious dishes.
- When: Tuesdays
- Where: All over Calgary, see our list here
- Cost: Usually a pretty solid deal!
- What: Test your wit at the Broken City weekly trivia night. Covering everything from music and pop culture to outer space and action movies, you don’t need to be an expert in anything in particular to have a chance at winning the night.
- When: Tuesdays
- Time: 7 pm sharp
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- Tickets: $4 per contestant, $5/lb of chicken wings, and $15 pitchers of Pabst Blue Ribbon
- What: Breakfast has just been taken to a whole other level! Enjoy a delicious waffle paired with Spiked Eggnog, a Mimosa (or two), and/or an Irish coffee.
- When: On now
- Where: Buttermilk Fine Waffles – 330 17th Avenue SW
- What: Experience works of art that explore light in various forms created by various artists.
- When: January 25 to February 7
- Time: 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Where: Wallace Galleries – 500 5th Avenue SW
- Admission: FREE