Take some time off from the responsibilities of every day life this Tuesday by heading out and doing something you really want to do.
Or eating some tacos that you really want to eat… it is Tuesday, after all.
We won’t judge you either way.
- Here comes winter: -22°C, snowfall, and a southern Alberta wind warning in the forecast
- Tuk Tuk Takeover: Beloved Thai spot opening four new Calgary locations
- You can fly from Calgary to Paris for just $700 roundtrip this summer
- What: They are Sin City’s first major pro team and the newest on the NHL roster. It will be a heated game as we find out how good these gamblers are on the ice.
- When: January 30
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE, Calgary
- Tickets: Ticketmaster, $50 to $246
- What: Let’s be honest, any date that involves tacos is a good date! It might be slightly cliché, but you won’t have to worry about making dinner AND you get to dive into some freshly made guac, with a margarita on the side – that’s a winning combo.
- When: Every Tuesday
- Native Tongues Taqueria – 235 12th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Salt & Pepper – 1413 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- National – all four locations
- Los Chilitos Taco & Tequila House – 1309 17th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Julio’s Barrio – 1110 Memorial Drive NW, Calgary
- Anejo – 2, 2116 4th Street SE, Calgary
- What: 1/2 price tacos and tequila…. need we say more?
- When: Daily until January 31, 2018
- Time: 9 pm to close
- Where: Blanco Catina – 723 17th Avenue SW
- What: Are you a coffee or a tea person? Regardless of your personal preference, these warm and cozy beverages play an important role in both our social and individual lives. This art exhibit will examine these various routines, rituals, and relationships centred around coffee and tea, while showcasing beautiful ceramics made by five Alberta-based artists.
- When: January 20 to March 17
- Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Where: cSPACE King Edward – 1721 29th Avenue SW
- What: Travelling all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will take you through everything you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. From enormous life-size whale skeletons to learning the evolution of these creatures and understanding how they communicate. There is so much to know about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26