Spend this Tuesday doing something awesome (even if you do have to head back into work) as this city of full of great events.
Find something you enjoy and take 2018 by storm by participating in any one of these fun activities.
- This amazing homemade hockey rink is every Canadian’s backyard dream (VIDEO)
- Canadians are officially fed up with the deep freeze taking over the country
- Canadian photographer's ice bubble goes viral (VIDEO)
- What: Is one of your New Years resolutions to try something totally out of your comfort zone or to pick up an old hobby that has fallen by the wayside? Come move with DJD and try out some of their unique dance and workout classes for only $5 a class all week long. Try some of the classic styles, such as ballet, jazz, tap or hip hop, switch it up a bit with West African, Soca, Dance Hall, and Krump, or shake it like Beyonce in their fun Diva Style Hip Hop class. There is something for everyone!
- When: January 2 to 4
- Time: Varies
- Where: Decidedly Jazz Danceworks – 111 12th Avenue SE
- Admission: Drop-in (first come first served), $5
- What: Beginning on January 2, the newly opened Two Penny Chinese will be offering lunch AND brunch daily. As if you didn’t have enough reasons to check out his beautifully designed foodie hotspot!
- When: Beginning Tuesday, January 2
- Time: 11 am daily
- Where: Two Penny Chinese – 1213 1st Street SW
- What: Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and now boasts 12 lanes, a four person tube option, and a dedicated magic carpet. A village including a food trailer, a deck with heaters, a fire pit, and washrooms have also been added for the 2017/18 season.
- When: During the winter season
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park, The Acura Tube Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- Admission: Tickets cost $28 for an adult to slide for two hours, and senior, youth, and family discounts are available.
- What: Thanks to the wonder that is alliteration, many Calgary restaurants and pubs offer specials on tacos simply because it’s Tuesday. We’ve put together a list to help you out in finding these delicious dishes.
- When: Tuesdays
- Where: All over Calgary, see our list here
- Cost: Usually a pretty solid deal!
- What: Take in the crisp outdoor air and the picturesque views as you march your way through the many trails in and around the Calgary area – plus, it’s a great workout! If your are of an inner city roamer check out Fish Creek Park Or Nose Hill for some fantastic trails close to home. If you’re interested in taking a drive out to the Rockies, Canmore, Bragg Creek and Banff all boast unreal trail paths that lead to some magical destinations. Be sure to check trail reports before heading out and dress for the weather!