It might not be the weekend quite yet, but getting past another Monday is always cause for celebration.
Spend this Tuesday living it up out in the city by checking out any of these great events being offered all over Calgary.
You may just learn, taste, or experience something completely new!
…but you definitely won’t if you end up staying put on that couch.
- Rod Stewart honoured Humboldt Broncos at Calgary concert
- Calgary's newest microbrewery gets ready to open its taps
- Kinder Morgan suspends all non-essential spending on Trans Mountain Expansion
- What: Ever wondered how to make a French macaron? Look no further. Everyone’s favourite macaron shop, Ollia, hosts Macaron Baking Classes, offering exclusive lessons on how to properly engage in some macaronage, get the perfect shell, and create a variety of flavours. Bon appetite!
- When: Tuesday, April 10
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Ollia Macaron and Tea – 810c 16th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Call to reserve your spot, $100
- What: She can sing, twirl, and pivot the way into anyone’s heart, but is she good enough to win the Miss Caledonia tiara? Set in the 1950s, follow along on the adventures of Peggy Ann Douglas as she pursues her dream of becoming a Hollywood movie star, one step at a time!
- When: April 2 to 21
- Monday to Saturday: 12 to 1 pm
- Thursday to Friday: 6 to 7 pm
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $26
- What: Check out the season’s hottest beauty trends at the Core, all week long! You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to wear each look, all while stepping outside your beauty box and trying something new. A few vendors that you can expect to see are MAC, Rocky Mountain Soap, Eveline Charles, L’Occitane, and more!
- When: April 9 to 13
- Time: Varies per event
- Where: The CORE – 333, 7th Avenue SW
- Tickets: FREE
- What: XO is located in the heart of one of Calgary’s newest communities, Auburn Bay. Paying tribute to the old fashioned ice cream parlours and mom-and-pop shops, they have aimed to create an ice cream experience with flavours that are both nostalgic and creative, sparking memories across generations – past, present, and future!
- Where: 808, 100 Auburn Meadows Drive SE
- What: Looking for a quick escape from the every day grind? This brand new spa combines the tranquil rejuvenation of a traditional Nordic Spa and the Alpine stillness of the Canadian Rockies. This spa is meant to provide relaxation and give you the opportunity to discover clarity in the midst of the mountains. Why not make a weekend out of it!
- Where: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis