This week has absolutely flown by!
… Though we guess it helps that it’s only a four-day work week.
Celebrate this Thursday, May 24, by getting the gang together and checking out any of these cool events around town — it’ll be the weekend before you know it!
- Calgary's beloved CrackMacs has been rebranded as Circle K
- Canadians for zoos, aquariums but against cetacean captivity: study
- Canada has one of the most powerful passports in the world
- What: Head to one of Calgary’s favourite eateries for some after-work libation for only $8 a glass. This deal includes the Moscow Mule Grilled Grapefruit Swizzle, a pint of Village Brewery No Bull beer, or a glass of wine. They will also be offering a chicken dinner for two for only $30, which includes half a wood-fired rotisserie Happy Chicken, with NOtaBLE signature salad and bottomless fries on the side – sign us up!
- When: Tuesday to Thursday
- Time: 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Where: 4611 Bowness Road NW
- What: XO is located in the heart of one of Calgary’s newest communities, Auburn Bay. Paying tribute to the old-fashioned ice cream parlours and mom-and-pop shops, they have aimed to create an ice cream experience with flavours that are both nostalgic and creative, sparking memories across generations – past, present, and future!
- Where: 808, 100 Auburn Meadows Drive SE
- What: Come shop the all-natural, preservative-free skin care products from Essentials by Nature throughout the month of May at Greater Goods Boutique and Tea Bar, located in the heart of Bridgeland. You’ll be supporting a local —and extremely talented — small business while purchasing products that are good for you, your home, and the environment.
- Where: Greater Goods – #8 606 Meredith Road NE
- When: The entire month of May
- What: Depending on the level of adventure you’re looking for, experiencing the glaciers in the heart of the Icefields Parkway is a must-see on the bucket list. Head out for an unforgettable experience on a massive Ice Explorer where you will have the opportunity to walk on, feel and drink from the Athabasca Glacier. If you’re a thrill seeker you can your adventure up a notch by taking a jaw-dropping walk along the glass-floored Glacier Skywalk at the cliff’s edge. Don’t forget your camera — this is a moment you’ll want to capture!
- Where: Located on the boundary of Jasper and Banff National Parks – P.O. Box 1140
- Admission: Online, Adult $31 and Children (6 to 15) $16 for the skywalk, $99 and $49.50 for the full glacier experience.
- What: Coming all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been traveling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks its final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you everything you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures and understanding how they communicate. There is so much to know about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26