It might only be the third day of spring, and there might be some snow in the forecast, but that’s no reason to hunker down and spend a boring Thursday evening at home!
There’s still plenty going on around the city to check out, including a newly opened Noodlebox in Beltline.
There’s no better reason to get out the door than for some fresh noodles… unless you order delivery, that is!
- Police seeking owner after recovering most Canadian stolen goods imaginable
- Watch the Flames play those jerks from Edmonton (CONTEST)
- Noodlebox's second Calgary location is finally open today
- What: If you’re in the mood to shop, you’ve come to the right place! As of February 22, the first Saks in Western Canada will be opening in Chinook Centre – just in time for the new spring arrivals. Happy shopping!
- When: Now open!
- Where: Chinook Centre – 6455 Macleod Trail SW
- What: Skate amidst the beauty of downtown Calgary at everyone’s favourite outdoor rink.
- When: Now to mid-March
- Time: weather dependent, from 10 am to 9 pm
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- Admission: Free
- What: Starring one of Calgary’s most renowned actors, Stephen Hair, this productions brings a a Shakespeare classic to life! With life hanging by a thread, watch how an aging king resolves to divide his kingdom between his daughters and, in return, reveals the core to his own humanity.
- When: March 15 to 31
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Noodle Box has officially opened their second Calgary location in Beltline in the space formerly housing Ric’s Grill. Get that Spicy Peanut Noodle fix!
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 11 am to 10 pm, Friday and Saturday: 11 am to 11 pm
- Where: 1436 8th Street SW
- What: Calgary’s newest bakery on the block is now open and serving buttery croissants like it’s their day job – surprise, it actually is their day job! Located in the historical Devenish Building, these guys are serving up small batch pastries, from pretzels to scones. Prepare for a carb overload that is truly delicious and not regrettable in the slightest. Pop by for a visit and #treatyourself!
- When: Now Open!
- Where: Suite 111, 908 17th Avenue SW