Start March off on the right foot this Thursday!
We might have to wait a few more weeks until spring has truly arrived, but just knowing that winter is coming to a close is cause enough for celebration.
Here are a few great venues to check out around Calgary today.
- Canada ranked as one of world's most traffic congested countries: Study
- Poll: Canadians divided on Colten Boushie verdict, say Trudeau wrong to weigh in
- Province to improve victim services following Angela Cardinal report
- What: When you see those cake decorating videos don’t you always wonder just how they do it? Search no further by joining the cake experts at Crave Cupcakes for various workshops on cake and cupcake decorating. You’ll be a hit at every party once you master this sweet skill!
- When: Thursday, March 1
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Crave Cookies and Cupcakes – 1107 Kensington Road NW
- Cost: Online, $125 per person
- What: Spring is around the corner, so it’s time to get inspired! Get tips for your next renovation, explore the Tiny Home Village, or create a masterpiece to adorn your walls at a workshop with Heart and Swirl. Also, don’t miss exciting presentations by HGTV stars Todd Talbot Carson Arthur and Tiffany Pratt.
- When: March 1 to 4
- Thursday: Noon to 9 pm
- Friday: Noon to 9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 9 am
- Sunday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Where: BMO Centre – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- Tickets: Online, $16
- What: This captivating show that beautifully tells the story of the unlikely romance between a beekeeper and a physicist, was a hit on Broadway, and now you have the chance to see it right here in Calgary.
- When: February 27 to March 17
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: Arts Commons – 205 8th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online,$25 to $75
- What: Between February 16 and March 2 you will receive a little red envelope every time you dine at Two Penny. Every envelope will contain a a little treat, but every day there will be a larger prize to be won. A few prizes that up for grabs are gift certificates from Village Ice Cream, a mani + pedi from Beach Beauty, the 5-tree patch from TreeEra, a staycation at Hotel Arts, Flames Tickets, and more!
- When: February 16 to March 2
- Where: Two Penny Restaurant and Bar – 1213 1st Street SW
- What: Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and now boasts 12 lanes, a four person tube option, and a dedicated magic carpet. A village including a food trailer, a deck with heaters, a fire pit, and washrooms have also been added for the 2017-18 season.
- When: During the winter season
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park, The Acura Tube Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- Admission: Tickets cost $28 for an adult to slide for two hours, and senior, youth, and family discounts are available.