It may be freezing (or even below that by quite a bit) but that’s no reason to quarantine yourself indoors!
Head out and check out any of these great events going on this Thursday.
- Canadian Bucket List: Play pond hockey in the Rocky Mountains (PHOTOS)
- Boxing week deals: Flights from Calgary to New York for $199 roundtrip
- Canadians were desperately searching for an open Tim Hortons on Christmas Day
- What: Cheer on the Calgary Hitmen as they make their way into the New Year!
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE, Calgary
- When: Thursday, December 28
- Time: 7 pm
- Tickets: Ticketmaster,$13 – $26
- What: Head out to the Pig and Duke for a delicious dinner of prawns washed down with pints of beer.
- When: Thursdays
- Time: Starts at 4 pm
- Where: The Pig and Duke Pub – 1312 12th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Cost: 20 oz pints for $6.75, prawns for $0.60 each (minimum order of 10)
- What: Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and now boasts 12 lanes, a four person tube option, and a dedicated magic carpet. A village including a food trailer, a deck with heaters, a fire pit, and washrooms have also been added for the 2017 season.
- When: During the winter season
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park, The Acura Tube Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- Admission: Tickets cost $28 for an adult to slide for two hours, and senior, youth, and family discounts are available.
- What: Lake Louise was rated as the World’s most Beautiful Skating Rink in 2014 and trust us, it definitely lives up to its reputation. Glide hand in hand with your special someone as you enjoy the tranquil views and take in the fresh mountain air. The lake is even lit during the evening so you can skate under the stars and then warm up by a cozy campfire. Skate rentals are available.
- Where: 111 Lake Louise Drive
- Admission: Email or call the Concierge Team for prices and ice conditions before heading up.
- What: Downtown Calgary shop windows will be getting a makeover this December, and it’ll be more than just a bit of paint. Using an Augmented Reality enabled app on your phone, you’ll be able to interact and experience each painted window destination, that will reflect various Christmas stories and memories of local artists. Don’t forget to vote for your favourite window through the app!
- When: Friday, December 1 to Sunday, December 31
- Where: In and around Calgary’s downtown core
- Admission: Free!