Sunday, Sunday, Sunday… It’s not quite a Monday, but it’s not nearly as fun as a Saturday, is it?
Well, a few events going on around the city would like to challenge that notion.
Check out any of these awesome activities to keep the party going straight on until early Monday morning.
- Calgary's Reggaefest cancelled after 14 years
- Check out 400 classic vehicles at Heritage Park's car show-and-shine
- Public consumption of cannabis outlawed by Calgary city council
- What: Shop over 135 of your favourite local artists, makers, and more at Make It’s spring show. Arrive home with a one-of-a-kind treasure that was made by a small business and holds the memories of an amazing afternoon at the market. Shopping local is a two-way street!
- When: April 6 to 8
- Friday: 11 am to 9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Sunday: 11 am to 5 pm
- Where: Big Four Building – 1901 Big Four Trail SE
- Admission: $6 at the door, kids 12 and under are FREE
- What: Looking for a quick escape from the every day grind? This brand new spa combines the tranquil rejuvenation of a traditional Nordic Spa and the Alpine stillness of the Canadian Rockies. This spa is meant to provide relaxation and give you the opportunity to discover clarity in the midst of the mountains.
- Where: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis
- What: Head to the summit for a beautiful snowy view above the treetops and a birds-eye view of six different mountain ranges, while sipping on coffee or a refreshing glass of wine.
- Where: 100 Mountain Avenue, Banff
- Tickets: Adult $62, child $31
Hit the slopes for spring skiing
- What: Our mountainous backyard is just waiting for us with a fluffy layer of the white stuff, perfect for winter sports and activities. Take advantage and get some spring shredding in, or take your snowshoes for an adventure around one of the many picturesque lakes that the Rockies have to offer.
- Check the websites for Sunshine, Mount Norquay and Lake Louise to find the hours of operation and trail conditions
- What: Get re-balanced and start your Sunday off right with a free bootcamp class curtesy of Caron Anderson at the CORE. Time to get your summer bod started!
- When: Every Sunday in April
- Time: 11 am
- Where: Dome Tower – 333, 7th Avenue SW
- Cost: FREE
- What: Check out the legendary musician as he plays a show at Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome.
- When: Sunday, April 8
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE, Calgary
- Tickets: Ticketmaster, $49 to $249
- What: Kick-start spring by getting into a solid fitness routine, AKA: Let’s get that beach bod ready! Take five classes in a week or 20 class in April and be entered to win some very exciting prizes.
- When: April 1 to 30
- Where: Barre West – 420, 7337 Macleod Trail SW
- Cost: Online, $69
Dust off your road bike
- It looks like Calgary may have seen the last of the snow, for the next five months at least – fingers crossed! So it’s the perfect time to get out your road bike and head down to the river for some beautiful views and a great afternoon of adventures exploring Calgary’s bike paths.
- What: XO is located in the heart of one of Calgary’s newest communities, Auburn Bay. Paying tribute to the old fashioned ice cream parlours and mom-and-pop shops, they have aimed to create an ice cream experience with flavours that are both nostalgic and creative, sparking memories across generations – past, present, and future!
- Where: 808, 100 Auburn Meadows Drive SE